Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: danlaughlin6805 — San Diego California
University of Phoenix
4615 E Elwood Street Phoenix, Arizona USA

University of Phoenix AKA Terry Filson Karissa Derricott Moore Tera Shoff Elizabeth Largen Jeff (refused to provide last name) Billed for class even after a multiple of staff told me I had dropped. Phoenix Arizona

My academic adviser Terry Filson signed me up for two classes without my permission.  I immediately called her and told her that I did not want to take these bunk classes.  Then we went through this labyrinth of people in order to drop the classes.  I must have spoken to five or six people to undue Terry's mistake.

Come to find out, even though I had been dropped from these two classes that I never signed up for, I was still being billed for them.  Now almost three years later, I have $3,385 charge off on my credit report.

This business practice from the university of phoenix, or apollo, or axia (whatever name they are going by today) is unacceptable.  I am a disabled veteran and I feel that these chicken hawks target our service members and veteran in order to line their pockets with what we sacrificed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-85040/University-of-Phoenix-AKA-Terry-Filson-Karissa-Derricott-Moore-Tera-Shoff-Elizabeth-Large-1063846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix