Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

1625 W Fountainhead Parkway Tempe, Arizona USA

University of Phoenix RIPPED OFF Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: LOL

*UPDATE Employee: Why you are ripping off yourself

DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL. I am a student here BS/IT and when I started out five years (that's right five years for a four year degree) ago it cost me a little over $1100 for three credits. Now it is $1495 for three credits.

I am down to my last five classes and my financial adviser is telling me I have to pay $800 for my last class because I do not have enough student loans. WTF??????? $48,000 in student loan debt and I do not have $800 to finish????????  UoP will not give me my degree until this is paid.  Five years of “school” and nothing to show for it.

This "school" is all about what they can SUCK OUT of you as an individual.  I am not the first student to have this happen to them.  After all I have been going here for five years now.  I have spoken to MANY other students that this has happened to in the past and is happening to now.

PLEASE AND I BEG YOU for your SANITY…… DO NOT ATTEND THIS “SCHOOL.”

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/Tempe-Arizona-85282/University-of-Phoenix-RIPPED-OFF-Tempe-Arizona-1097613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

#1 Consumer Suggestion

LOL

AUTHOR: Josh - ()

I'm pretty sure a UoP degree is worth jack squat, so whether or not you pay the last $800 is not extremely important.  I suppose you might as well spend that last $800 just so you have the piece of paper, but I am guessing it's not going to be worth much.  It really pays to do research before plopping down $50k on what is basically an extremely expensive degree mill.

Why you are ripping off yourself

AUTHOR: Advisor4you - ()

You must not have been listening to your financial advisor the past year when they were telling you, you were going to have a shortfall with your financial aid which leads to an OOP (Out of Pocket) expense. The tuition as stated on the website 10200 total per year for a associates degree online. 14400 per year for a bachelors degree online. those fees include resource fees and books that are given to you online. The maximum as a first year student to borrow is 9,500 and the max for a senior which is you is 12,500. The maximum Pell Grant for everyone in the entire country is 5645 per year as of July 2013. The other numbers are also the MAX PER YEAR for anyone in the united states. You knew all these things upfront at the beginning of each year when you apply for your FAFSA and get the e-mail back stating what grant and funds you qualify for which is contingent off of your previous years earnings like the REST of the COUNTRY. No offense but if you are going to let 800 dollars stop you from going out finding a job and living off the very bare minimum as possible for you to graduate, it is not the university that has failed you, you are failing yourself. If you want something bad enough, one simply does not lay down and let them chances go, you fight tooth and nail and dig deep within yourself to find the grit to continue on and not give up on your dreams or goals.