Complaint Review: unlock apple iphone

• Submitted: Fri, September 09, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: j.l. — st george Utah United States of America
unlock apple iphone

unlock apple iphone non-responsive, non-refundable, non-performing, Internet

Googling for unlock iphone 3G with firmware 4.3.3 I found UNLOCK APPLE iPhone.  As an aside, I had spent many hours learning about recovering and unlocking and iPhone 2G, which I did successfully.  I wanted an easier, pre-cooked solution for the 3G.

The site was very slick and very convincing leading me to believe it could provide the answer I wanted.  So I ponied up $25+ (taxes) for their product which turned out to be a set of instructions much, if not exactly, like the ones I used (free) for the 2G.

The instructions were to download two products: the first, redsn0w (a public domain tool), the second, iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw (a custom iPhone restore file that is also public domain).  I thought it odd that I would download a 4.2.1 file when at 4.3.3 but double checking their site assured that 4.2.1 would do the unlock.

No sooner had I started the custom restore via iTunes (part of the process) than iTunes reported that the restore could not continue as the IPSW file was incompatible with the current software.  Thinking an error had occurred I started over... from the beginning... and got the same result.  The 4.2.1 file was incorrect for my configuration.

The site has its own contact page that I used to report the problem, thinking someone would respond with the correct file for my configuration.

I still have not gotten a response.

In fact, two days/TWO DAYS after I posted the question and got a trouble-ticket number from it, the ticket number disappeared.  I can not find the ticket using the link to the ticket I got from the site: I cannot logon to the site, go to the support page, enter the ticket number and find the ticket; I cannot find the ticket using my site-logon-name which is another option for finding tickets.  It simply vanished without any explanation.  (They sent me a ticket number, you'd think they could send a reason.)

I paid via Paypal and have filed a dispute through them to the money collector SWReg.  I doubt I stand a s****.>
Should you feel compelled to deal with this site (NOT RECOMMENDED) do not do pay via Paypal.  Had I used a credit card at least I could dispute the payment and may well have had a better chance to get my money refunded.

Bottom line: the site sells iPhone unlock information for $25, information that is READILY AVAILABLE FREELY, but not necessarily easily, from the internet: recommended see (((competitor's name redacted))) for iPhone issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/unlock-apple-iphone/internet/unlock-apple-iphone-non-responsive-non-refundable-non-performing-Internet-774928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on unlock apple iphone