Complaint Review: Unsecured Business Funding

• Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Michael — Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Unsecured Business Funding
Internet, Utah United States of America

Unsecured Business Funding Angela Penbrook Productions almost got me! Internet, Utah

I found this website, www.unsecuredbusinessfunding.com, after doing a Google search. I submitted contact information so I could learn more about their loan programs. Immediately after that, their website wanted me to give them more information like SS#, etc. I saw that the page was unsecure, so I closed it without filling it out.

I received a call from someone the next day who called himself "Trevor", who told me that he could guarantee me a business loan, that they get paid a fee on the back-end of between 2-5% of the amount funded...but that they would need $229 from me up front, and wanted my credit card number. After trying to pressure me with a few well-known sales tactics (I used to be in Sales) and assuring me that I wouldn't be liable for any illegal charges (leaving out that getting that money back isn't as easy as it sounds), something obviously didn't feel right, so I put him off until I could do a little research on the company.

He left a few messages while I did my research. The number he wanted me to call him back at was: 877-212-8410, which I could find nothing on. He did make a mistake, though. I had already decided that I wasn't going to give my credit card number over the phone, no matter what...so I called the number and the guy I spoke with the day before answered as "Colter". I asked for Trevor and he asked me to hold...but he disconnected me instead. When I called back THE VERY SAME GUY answered the phone as "Trevor" and pretended not to know that I had just spoken to him a moment ago.

The number "Colter/Trevor" always called me from was: 435-674-3696. I did a search on that this morning and found that this same number has been associated with a "Angela Penbrook Productions" that has been involved in several scams involving rebate processing.

Here's more information that I found doing a few more searches:

Whitepages.com has the number he called from as an unpublished landline located in St. George, Utah.

A whois search reveals that www.unsecuredbusinessfunding.com was only just recently formed in September of 2009 by domain name purchase at godaddy.com. Registrant information is listed as:
Peterson, Jennie  utahjazzgirl@hotmail.com

2266 View Drive

South Weber, Utah 84405

United States

(801) 897-4547

I'm glad I didn't fall for it, but felt I should post my experience here to make sure nobody else does. If you deal with this guy, proceed with extreme caution...if they're legit, there sure are a LOT of "coincidences" and circumstancial evidence that raises a lot of red flags in my mind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unsecured-Business-Funding/Internet-Utah-/Unsecured-Business-Funding-Angela-Penbrook-Productions-almost-got-me-Internet-Utah-557859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unsecured Business Funding