Complaint Review: Upromise

• Reported By: Chou — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Upromise
95 Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

Upromise More like Useless Promise Newton, Massachusetts

The way Upromise is supposed to work is that you tie your credit or debit cards and loyalty cards to the account so that whenever you spend money on everyday things, you get a contribution that goes towards a college account. Upromise advertises that you can tie your Sallie Mae loan to the account and pay down an existing college loan, but based on my own experience and what I've noticed from other people blogging on the web, I have a feeling that this is really all about the Solomon Smith Barney and Fidelity 529 plan, and if you happen to be ineligible for that plan (like, living in an ineligible state, for example) then, as the song goes, forget you.

They randomly changed not only my passwords, but also my security questions so that there was simply no way I could have gotten back into the account to see whether or not my cards were accruing any money to pay down my loans as they had promised. I called the toll free number and spoke to a woman who could not do a blessed thing for me. So I tried the email approach and was redirected to the toll free number where they are apparently waiting for my call so that they can waste my time some more. And you can't create a new account and start over, either. Once you have a Upromise account, it is yours for life, whether you can access it or not.

Upromise, forget you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2011 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Upromise/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Upromise-More-like-Useless-Promise-Newton-Massachusetts-699875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Upromise