Complaint Review: UPS Crawford & Company

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Jill — San Antonio Texas
UPS Crawford & Company
P.O. Box 100458 Fort Worth, Texas USA

UPS Crawford & Company Jeri Prowell Acer Chromebook broken to pieces Fort Worth Texas

*General Comment: not too late

*Author of original report: You didn't strike a nerve

*Consumer Comment: I must have struck a nerve, Jill...

*Author of original report: A rebuttal is fine

*Author of original report: Do not appreciate you comments at all.

*Consumer Comment: I STRONGLY suspect a scam on YOUR part..

*Author of original report: You have no idea what you are talking about

*Consumer Comment: Observation

On Feb. 11, 2014 I went to UPS to ship a package containing my Acer Chromebook to be repaired.  The problem with my Chromebook was that the prong inside the a/c adapter on the computer broke off and I needed it fixed.  At the time that was the only thing wrong with it until I put it in the hands of UPS.  I am aware of the value of my computer so I made sure to pack it well because I didn't want anything to happen to it.  I am disabled and get one small check a month from Social Security and not able to purchase another computer so I made sure that I packed it securely.  On Feb. 12, 2014 when it arrived at the Acer Repair Center in Temple, Tx. Acer sent me an e-mail with pictures to show how the box and computer arrived at their facility.  The box was damaged and busted open and my computer was broken to pieces.   Well, I filed a claim with UPS since I had taken insurance out on my package when I went to the UPS ofc. [continued below]....

..... to ship it.

UPS went to Acer in Temple, Tx. to follow up on my claim.  I then recieved a phone call from Jeri Prowell with Crawford & Company who was retained as the claim representative to investigate and evaluate claims for packages shipped through UPS on Feb. 19, 2014 @ 1:40 pm.  She told me that my claim was denied due to my packaging and I truely feel that the damage was due to the handling of the package which I do have a picture of the package as it arrived at Acer Repair Center that day.

The claims rep. Jeri Prowell told me that if I was not satisfied with the decision that I could appeal the decision once I recieved the letter from her.  I did recieve the letter on March 5, 2014 with no information included on who I can appeal their decision to.

So, now I have a letter with no information on appealing their decision, and I have a 10 month old busted Chromebook and no way to purchase another one.

I will never use UPS again and will definately not reccomend them for shipping services to anyone.  I in the future will continue to use USPS as I have in the past because I am confident that my package will arrive to its destination safely and not damaged in any way.

I will also provide pictures before the box was opened by Acer and the condition that the box arrived in and then the contents, my computer.  Again, I believe my computer was damaged due to the handling of the package as you will clearly be able to see for yourself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS-Crawford-Company/Fort-Worth-Texas-76185/UPS-Crawford-amp-Company-Jeri-Prowell-Acer-Chromebook-broken-to-pieces-Fort-Worth-Texas-1128612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS Crawford & Company

#1 General Comment

not too late

AUTHOR: Tara Leone - ()

Why won't you just call to dispute the claim like the rep told you to? I filed a claim with UPS that was denied and after I showed Crawford my box, packaging and vase I was paid with no problem. If you only submitted these two pictures that is probably why your claim denied

You didn't strike a nerve

AUTHOR: Jill - ()

No, you didn't strike a nerve at all.  You have no idea what you are talking about, therefore you are showing nothing but your ignorance.  You do not know me and jugde not lest ye be judged.

You are nothing but a jerk that does not know what he is talking about which clearly shows your ignorance and stupidity.  Go ahead and post all you want because you will just be proving what I am saying about you.

Acer sent my computer back and guess what?  Acer didn't even use the carrier that they had recomended to me which was UPS.  They used Fed Ex to ship it back and that says a lot.  Evidently they didn't trust UPS for shipping it back either.

You are a jerk, stupid and ignorant and you can file all of the rebuttals you want, I just won't read them.

I must have struck a nerve, Jill...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

My rebuttal stands as written. You can deny all you want...YOU are a scammer. On Ripoff Report, a given here is, if you post a report, ANYONE can file a rebuttal. If you don't like the rebuttals, DON'T post the report. You are a CROOK.

A rebuttal is fine

AUTHOR: Jill - ()

If anyone wants to write a rebuttal to my complaint that is fine but, there is no need for name calling or making false accusations about me, calling me stupid or calling me a scammer.  I am none of those and you do not know me so cease and disist with the name calling.

My complaint was filed due to the pictures that were sent to me by Acer Repair Center upon arrival at their location by UPS. Also my complaint was filed because my claim was denied by Crawford & company saying that the packing was insufficient and I say my Chromebook was damaged due to the handling of my package by UPS.

Furthermore, if you do not have anything intelligent to say then please, do not say anything at all.

Do not appreciate you comments at all.

AUTHOR: Jill - ()

First of all, those pictures were sent to me by Acer Repair Service, I did not take them.  Secondly, your are very ignorant for making such comments and alegations.

I am a firm beliver in God and I live my life rightously and I do not hurt anyone or any thing, and I do not lie, cheat, or steal.  You might try it sometime and you wouldn't make such accusations.

No response is necessary from you again because you do not know what you are talking about.

I STRONGLY suspect a scam on YOUR part..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Two things, first, there's no way the box can be in that condition and that much damage occur.  Second, picture one shows what looks like damage to the USB port contacts. Not possible with impact damage.  It looks like YOU sent a junk computer that had been used as a football and tried to scam UPS.  You're lucky they didn't have you charged with attempted fraud.

Nope, I don't work for UPS or any other shipping company, but can smell a rat on this one,

You have no idea what you are talking about

AUTHOR: Jill - ()

You are right that pictures are worth a thousand words. First of all, the box I used was in perfect condition or UPS would not have let me use it. Secondly, the contents measured 11"x6" and was a small Chromebook.

I packed my Chromebook secuely so that it would not move and also placed a large air bag on top and had to press the box tops down to secure the package and its contents and shook the box to make sure that the contents did not move at all.

Regardless , the box arrived damaged and busted open  which tells me that my package was not handled with proper care.  My complaint is aganst UPS and Crawford & Company and not Acer.  I would like to make that very clear,

Your guesses are all wrong and I do not need lessons on how to package items. Had my package not been abused by UPS then it would have arrived in perfect condition and not smashed on the corner and busted open.  This is what my complaint is all about and the insurance for UPS denying my claim. My package was abused by UPS and therefore they need to take responsibilty for the condition of the box and its contents.

Observation

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

As they say pictures are worth 1000 words, and the pictures of the box do not match the amount of damage the laptop is showing if the laptop was packaged correctly.   I did notice that there were no pictures of the packaging.  Interesting how Acer would send you pictures of the outside of the box, and the laptop but not show you pictures of the packaging used.  Or did they and you just "forgot" to post them?

The box appears to be re-used, and there is no way to know the integrity of the box when you sent it.  Also, the box is a lot larger than the laptop which if not packed correctly can be the worst thing you could do.  So how exactly did you pack it?

My guess is one of a few things.  Either you used the worst thing possible...newspaper or other type of paper you "crumpled" up.  Or you went out and for that size box bought about a $10-$15 bag of "packing peanuts" and figured that was enough as it "looked" good.  You may or may not have "filled" the box figuring a little movement was okay.

What you should have done is completely bubble wrap the Laptop.  Then put that in a smaller box surrounded by other approved cushioning material(such as the peanuts).  Then for even more protection put that box in a bigger box again surrouned by other packaging material.