Complaint Review: UPS store

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: mod max — san Jose California
UPS store
4750 ALMADEN EXPY #G San Jose, California USA

UPS store Deceit Overcharged Intentionally Openly Admitted it was the owners Policy San Jose California

I ship a lot of items as an Ebay power seller.  I had a customer ask for a UPS estimate on a large item.  I had my tape measure in my hand and the box measured 42.5" by 14.5" by 14 7/8"  They rounded the 42 to 43 which is understandable. But they estimated the box at 16" by 16" on each side when shown both sides were less than 15" the clerk told me that the owner insited they round then add an inch.  The estimate increased the dimensional weight be 4 inches and the cost be over $4.  The rip off was only 5% but the clerk said he was required to do this on every package that left the store.  I have shipped several other packages through this location and never checked the measurement with what was being charged.  This location is overcharging every customer on every package and openly admitted it.

I called UPS and they said they have no power over the UPS stores.  I could not find the proper chanels to voice my disgust at this business and hope you will get a scale as I wonder now about the weight as well.  This is not a place I would do business with again.  The staff has always been friendly and when I told the clerk he should not bill me for the larger dimensions he admitted he fealt bad about doing it but was affraid of losing his job and would not bill it for the actual size.

This is a dilema for the employee and this store should be sued I do not knwo how to do that kind of stuff but at least I can warn others about this place perhaps other UPS stores.

I walked out and did not ship with this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2013 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS-store-/San-Jose-California-95118/UPS-store-Deceit-Overcharged-Intentionally-Openly-Admitted-it-was-the-owners-Policy-San-1094690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS store