Complaint Review: UPS

• Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Kelly Clover — San Angelo Texas
UPS
4085 N. U.S. Highway 67 San Angelo , Texas USA

UPS Total unacceptable delivery srervice and lies to cover it up San Angelo Texas

*Author of original report: Seeworthy doesn't know what he's talking about!

*Consumer Comment: So who would you ship with???

This is not the first time I've had delivery problems with packages I ordered that were sent to my by UPS. But this is the most serious case. I waited all day and all night for a package that was supposed to be out for delivery on 7/31/2014. The driver never showed up. To make matters worse he falsely claimed he had attempted delivery at 8:08 pm. I was inside my apartment at that time. There was no notice on my door saying he attempted delivery.

One of two things must be true: The driver either lied thru his teeth or he went to the wrong address. UPS drivers should not be delivering at night in the first place but the company is unwilling to do what is required so they won't have to.

A huge complaint I have is about the online tracking system. There is no way to verify the delivery address. The deliver address does not appear on the shipping tracking page at all. If this turned out to be the problem I would have known before the scheduled delivery date.

I URGE ALL MERCHANTS. PLEASE, NEVER,  NEVER USE UPS FOR DELIVERY!   There are too many problems with delivery in places like San Angelo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS/San-Angelo-Texas-76905/UPS-Total-unacceptable-delivery-srervice-and-lies-to-cover-it-up-San-Angelo-Texas-1166570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS

Seeworthy doesn't know what he's talking about!

AUTHOR: Kelly Clover - ()

As a direct result of the recent incident with UPS, I had to travel 10 miles away from home to pick up my package the following am from a UPS depot near San Angelo, Tx. I resented having to do this greatly. The alternative was to wait again all day and all night for a UPS driver that might not show up even if I were home. I found out that the UPS driver had the correct address. I believe that he falsified attempted delivery and there was never any note on my door showing he was ever there.

UPS suffers greatly from very poor management. That is clearly the case as far as San Angelo area deliveries are concerned.

One alternative method of delivery that would have been much better is standard U.S. Postal Service delivery. I don't have to worry about having a driver showing up when I'm out shopping. I don't have to worry about a driver waking me up at 10 pm which previously happened with UPS. I don't have to worry about a driver not showing up at all and falsifying records to cover it up.

In most cases a parcel delivered by the U.S. Postal Service goes to the aprtment manager's office. If it's closed when the mailman comes they put a note in my mailbox telling me to get it from the post office. At least I know where it is in either case, and don't have to worry about leaving home for shopping or any other purpose. I don't have to worry about no-show UPS drivers that falsify records of attempted delivery.

So who would you ship with???

AUTHOR: Seeworthy - ()

All carriers ship into the evening. Apartments always need a signature with UPS and FeDex, and insured postal packages. The driver wasn't 'lying through his teeth, as GPS coordinates show he was there at the time stated. The adress is never on any carriers tracking for privacy reasons. Can't you imagine the potential problems if everyone had there address exposed to the general public through a tracking #?! You can simply verify that street address by calling UPS.

As all carriers ship into the evening and don't show addresses in the tracking, who will you be shipping with?

And grow up.