Complaint Review: Upside Card

• Reported By: bluecastle12 — Portland Oregon
Upside Card
2500 S. Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA

Upside Card Metabank Holding my money Sioux Falls South Dakota

I've used the Upside card for 2 years or more.  I liked it. It was simple and worked.

The first problem was with changing my address. They make it very hard to change ones address. You have to fax in a utility bill with your name on it.  Well, that's great and all unless you had to move in with your parents and don't have utility bills with the new address. Even if I had utility bills with my name and address, I would have a hard time getting to a fax machine. Also, if I had just moved I wouldn't have utility bills for possibly 2 weeks.

I continued using my old address on my upside card.

Then my card got close to expiration. Now I had a card on an old address that needed a new card.

I emailed customer service to find out what to do. I never got an email. I tried to call customer service. I was asked for a customer service access code. I do not have one. [continued below]....

..... I never had one. I tired my PIN, that was not the right number. The automated voice told me to dial 0 to talk to someone. I did and the system hung up on me. I sent another email. I did not get a response.

My card is expired and I still have a little money on there. It is not much, but It is mine and I want it. Right now it is the principle of the matter. I have just sent another email saying that I will talk to the BBB or whoever I need to speak. I will take action. If my only action is to blow up the internet with complaints, so be it. They will loose lots of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 02:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Upside-Card/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57105/Upside-Card-Metabank-Holding-my-money-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-1072334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Upside Card