Complaint Review: upsidecard

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: JeremyJS — youngstown Ohio
upsidecard
Internet USA

upsidecard Closed my card and promised a refund of direct deposit amount within 6 weeks. They have been holding on to my money since February 6 2013. Now they are saying that 875 was taken off for school on March 7th and I have a balance of 368. I was informed by a supervisor that the amount of 1257 would be sent back to the treasury department by the end of April. The school never received the 875 on March 11 2013. Supervisor Nicole said she escalated the bank three times about this. Now I'm not receiving a call back from the supervisor when I request it. Internet

My card was closed before 2/6/13 because of a negative balance under 10 dollars for calling customer service to check my balance. I did not know this until i called customer service days later. I had a direct depoit of $1,257 sent to the account before I knew the card was canceled and the account closed. I have called customer service more than 10 times from February to May about the money being sent back to the department of treasury. I keep getting told 4 to six weeks. It's the end of May now and the six weeks are up. I called in at the end of April and spoke to Supervisor nicole who said she has sent and escalation to the bank on more than three occassions. I called in again three days later and requested for a supervisor to call me back to check the progress. I called in again three days later and was told that the refund was still in the process and the supervisor would call me back when she hears something. [continued below]....

.....  I have not received a call back from a supervisor and it's now May 1 2013. I called in on May 1 2013 and spoke to becky and she told me that there was a balance of $368 in my account and $875 was sent to my college on March 11 2013. I asked her how did they send money to another business when the account was closed. She then told me that the account was still open and the card was closed. I was shocked to hear this and that means I was lied to the whole time I was calling in to customer service by customer service and Supervisor Nicole. Becky told me that they could not send the $1,257 back because they did not have it and I would have to wait another 8 weeks to receive the $368. I immediately called my school and asked them did they ever received $875. They told me no. The school did not know the account was closed and had try to withdrawl the money on three occassions and have not received nothing. Not only did they lie about the refund of $1,257 being sent back to the treasury department they also lied about sending my school $875. Sounds like they are tryiing to keep the money. This is unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/upsidecard/internet/upsidecard-Closed-my-card-and-promised-a-refund-of-direct-deposit-amount-within-6-weeks-1047704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on upsidecard