Complaint Review: uptown auto

• Updated: Sun, September 22, 2013

• Reported By: 2ndson — albuquerque New Mexico
uptown auto
2133 st.cyr ave S.W albuquerque, New Mexico USA

uptown auto ripped off instead of repair my vehicle with correct parts and fluids albuquerque New Mexico

I brought my vehicle in to be checked out and to get a minor tune up, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, look for vaccum leaks, oil change, etc.

I specifically asked him: martin, to use a certain brand of oil, certain brand of spark plugs and such. So when I when i was cleaning the car out. Mind you, they leave their dirty rags and paper carpet protectors in my car every time i have used this shop or care to remember. But, some donkey left the box the plugs came in and the remainder of a bottle of oil inside a plastic bag in my trunk.

i guess the guy he had working for him was being courteous and I appreciate that. so, come to find out when i look at the bottle and plugs: uptown used regular 5/30 oil not synthetic like my cars manufacturer calls for, and the brand of plugs were generic, both the brand of oil and plugs used were from parts plus. Geez so this guy charges me for synthetic plugs and premium ngk plugs which i asked for, the box of plugs had my old plugs in the newer plug boxes, I know they used inferior plugs because the number on the box of plugs used,matches to parts plus's website their substitute for my model of car.

When I called to ask martin about this he was clearly uninterested in resolving this as he set down the phone: i could still hear him, and asked his employee about the work and I couldnt hear what the employee said but martin got back on the phone denying that they just used a box that was lying around to give my plugs back in and he started making some excuse about him being in business for 30 or so years and he knows what he is doing, and said something to the effect that  the bottle was in there by mistake and i was welcome to come and look through his trash bin for the right ones, and that if the wrong oil was used, itis no big deal because all oil is basically the same and that ifI was a mechanic then i would know this.

The longer I had him on the phone, He became increasingly hostile and started using obscenities, and told me to never bring my piece of shit back there. Totally insane reasoning

There is no denying uptown used to be a good shop but, the quality and overall attitude of the owner has soured greatly in my opinion. I strongly doubt if marty is making sound descisions with customers autos

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 04:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/uptown-auto/albuquerque-New-Mexico-87103/uptown-auto-ripped-off-instead-of-repair-my-vehicle-with-correct-parts-and-fluids-albuque-1086413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on uptown auto