Complaint Review: Urban Florist

657 Moberly Rd Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
  • Phone: 888-244-4531
  • Web:
  • Category: Florists

Urban Florist - Urban Baskets Fraudulent Business Ripoff Artist! Vancouver British Columbia

I ordered a gift basket on 12/20/05 online from this company at their website, www.urbanflorist.com after finding them via a Google search. Delivery was scheduled for 12/21/05 which I paid a premium for. The delivery did not arrive on that date. After several attempts to contact this company via email which were not returned, I tried to contact them by phone. This company appears to have an automated switchboard system that routes to general mailboxes. I left several messages that were not returned. I finally did speak with someone in their Sales department (the only way to get to a live person and even this is rare) who gave me a Federal Express tracking number for my order and told me that the package would be delivered on 12/29/05 and that the premium shipping charge that I paid would be refunded.

Not only did the package not arrive on the 29th, but nothing has been refunded. I contacted FedEx to attempt to track the item but they told me that tracking numbers are generated automatically whenever a shipping label is printed. However, this does not mean that anything is actually scheduled to be picked up and that, in fact, they have nothing scheduled for delivery on my behalf. I have tried several more times to contact this vendor since speaking with FedEx to demand a refund. I have not been able to speak with anyone directly and subsequent messages have gone unreturned. It seems clear to me that this is a fraudulent organization and that they are happy to compel customers to get refunds from their credit card providers or banks while they pocket the payment despite not delivering the goods promised.

Michael
Ashburn, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2006 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urban-Florist/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V5Z-4B2/Urban-Florist-Urban-Baskets-Fraudulent-Business-Ripoff-Artist-Vancouver-British-Columbi-170439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urban Florist