Complaint Review: US Airways - Barclays Bank Mastercard

• Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Simi Valley California United States of America
US Airways - Barclays Bank Mastercard
P O Box8801 Wilimington, Delaware United States of America

US Airways / Barclays Bank Mastercard Annual Companion Fares are not Annual, They are only good for 10 months. Wilimington , Delaware

I was informed when I received my credit card that I would have 2 annual companion fares for $99.00 each.  When I went to use the tickets, I was told that they expired on 8/31/2012.  When I asked for the new certificate I was told it would not be issued until 10/31/2012 and the current certifiacte could not be extended.  I can not book travel from 9/01/2012 through whenever I actually receive the new certificate, as you can't get the certificate information over the phone, it will be sometime in November.  I tried to explain that this really wasn't annual as it did not cover a full year and the certifiecates were over 12 months apart (14 months).  I did not receive my current certificate until October of 2011 so ot did not cover a full 12 months either.  This is false and deceptive advertising on the part of US Airways, were I received the card application and Barclays Bank who issued the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways-Barclays-Bank-Mastercard/Wilimington-Delaware-19899/US-Airways-Barclays-Bank-Mastercard-Annual-Companion-Fares-are-not-Annual-They-are-onl-945404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways - Barclays Bank Mastercard