mystery

• Updated: Fri, October 23, 2009

• Reported By: Bob W — Souderton Pennsylvania USA
U.S. Airways
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

U.S. Airways Charged an Excessive, disproportionate amount to correct a mistake booking on their web site Phoenix, Arizona

I booked a trip to Tulsa OK on their website on September 22nd. I mistakenly keyed October 17th instead of October 15th and did not notice my mistake. On that Monday of the travel date October 12th the parking service asked me for my return time and that is when I discovered the mistake at 5:00AM. I could not deal with issue because I had to make the flight. I called when I landed to see what could be done. I was told because it was a partner flight they could not do anything until they (united) processed the front end of the ticket. I was told to call back early Tuesday. I called back and US Airways still said the ticket was not processed and to call united.. I called united and 45 minutes later got the tickets processed. I called back Us airways and they said that because it is a partner flight they could not wave the $150 dollars per segment fee. I thought that was high but what was I to do I needed to get back to a meeting for Friday October 16th. The agent informed that I have to pay the difference of the cost of the flight and there was only one seat ( she was using high pressure tactics) and each segment was an additional $600 a piece. When it was all said they charged me over $1500 dollars for a keying error. To add insult to injury they booked me on one of their own flights Us airways 725 from OHare to Philadelphia so the entire premise for the outrageous charge for the second leg was false. My advice is not to book through their web site. They are dishonorable thieves. The almost $10,000 in flights with them this year meant nothing to them. They could not give a rats ass about customer loyalty. They sent me a hundred fifty dollar voucher that did not even cover half of the taxes assessed for the flight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2009 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Airways-Charged-an-Excessive-disproportionate-amount-to-correct-a-mistake-booking-o-513687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Airways