- Report: #403183
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: US Bank
US Bank7499 Dublin Blvd Dublin, California U.S.A.
US Bank Cashier's check scam perpetrated by bank Dublin California
*Consumer Suggestion: I don't see the issue
*Consumer Suggestion: The reason for this..
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
So far, they are:
1) THEY say they do not have their own account numbers for Cashier's checks. When an individual purchases a cashier's check, it is either paid for in cash, or the funds are withdrawn from his or her account. The funds then go into ANOTHER account to honor the check. Whenever I call the bank and ask about a check I have purchased, they ask ME what their own account number is!
2) Then, THEY DO NOT PUBLISH THE ACCOUNT NUMBER FOR ME ON MY CONSUMER COPY!! That's right--the check # is on the check, but not the bank account number. So, since they don't know their own account number, they refuse to answer any questions about the check (vs. finding out their own account number so they can help the customer).
3) It gets better--I THOUGHT I stopped-pay on a cashier's check on 12/1/08. I called customer service, and they said they issued a stop-pay. HOWEVER, AS OF 12/15, I had no money and no paperwork. So, I called Customer Service, was put on hold indefinitely, so I called the branch.
Long story short:
--the branch is the only place I CAN place a stop pay
--the bank refused to investigate the individual with whom I spoke on 12/1/08 even though they knew who it was (they looked it up)
--I was forced to issue another stop-pay on 12/15, and they are holding the funds for 10 banking days (until 12/30).
--AND, I found out from a regional manager that they COULD override their 10-day-rule, since they knew the check had not been cashed by the payee, but they REFUSED to issue that order.
--today, 12/19, I asked for a copy of the paperwork done on 12/15, and so far, they can't 'FIND' it. Also, I'm waiting to see if that paperwork even went through.
Clearly this bank is ripping off customers. There is no way that thie sequence of events is arbitrary. I have queried them about other cashier's checks, and they never have their own bank account number. Also, a reputable company would investigate my allegation that I did, in fact, get a stop-pay on 12/1/08, and if so, they would expedite the remediation. Therefore, this bank is likely trying to stop customers from querying about stop-pays on cashier's checks, and they are certainly trying to punish issuing stop-pays on them. Why? I do not know. I wish I did.
As of today, the branch 'cannot' give me copies of the paperwork for the 2nd stop-pay. They say they don't have it, and cannot get it.
I will update this situation as it becomes more perverse (it will).
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2008 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Dublin-California-94568/US-Bank-Cashiers-check-scam-perpetrated-by-bank-Dublin-California-403183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.