Complaint Review: u.s career institute

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: msgurl — tupelo Mississippi United States of America
u.s career institute
2001lowe street, fort collins, co fort collins, Colorado United States of America

u.s career institute Usci they shouldnt get away with this much of my money! fort collins, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Complaint Review: 990024

I enrolled at u.s career institute's medical billing program and they sent me a packet. I only completed 6 quizs and they sent another. I realized as the work piled up that I could not continue the work with only completing the work after so much time in between and then I couldn't continue the payments.but when I called i couldn't get through at first. So I left it a lone,Months had gone by and I was sent a letter with 14 day notice and saying I owe $149 so I called wanting to send the untouched 2nd pakage and cancel and they then told me about a registration and other fees. They said I would be billed for quizs completed along with registration and 25% of the tuition. I told the lady I feel ripped off because I tried to cancel before but didn't get through and the total cost became over $700 which is 1/3 of the little over $1000 I would have to pay for the whole course.Not to mention I was actually enrolled for only 5 months before canceling and only completed 6 quizes and I didn't see aanything about a registration fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/us-career-institute/fort-collins-Colorado-/us-career-institute-Usci-they-shouldnt-get-away-with-this-much-of-my-money-fort-collins-990024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on u.s career institute

Response to Complaint Review: 990024

AUTHOR: Hampsonna - (United States of America)

U.S. Career Institute provides each stduent with an enrollment agreement and a school catalog.  Both of these documents outline our "Student Protection Policy."  Every student gets a seven day review period in which they can evaluate the program to make sure it's a good fit for them.  If the student cancels the program within the review period, the student is entitled to a full refund.  If after the seven day review period the student has not completed any quizzes, the school is entitled to a non-refundable registration fee not to exceed $150.  If a student completes quizzes and then cancels, the amount due is dependent on the percentage of the program completed.  Our Student Services department is available to accept a cancellation request in any manner of communication.  U.S. Career institute is an accredited school and must adhere to specific guidelines regarding student.

U.S. Career Institute