Complaint Review: US CAREER INSTITUTE

• Submitted: Tue, March 09, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Rico — CHICO California U.S.A.
US CAREER INSTITUTE
2001 FORT COLLINS COLORADO FORT COLLINS, Colorado United States of America

US CAREER INSTITUTE WESTON DISTANCE LEARNING, MEDICAL CLAIMS AND BILLINGS FORT COLLINS, Colorado

*General Comment: really rico?

*General Comment: Can't use software but still blames USCI

*General Comment: I would do your research first

*Consumer Comment: Who is this company?

*Consumer Comment: Who is this company?

*UPDATE Employee: Low Down Scam

*Consumer Comment: Low Down..Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reply to 03-09-10 post by Rico (Chico, California)

i finished my medical claims and billing course at US CAREER INSTITUTE. after i paid the full amount i had my medical claims and certification finally it arrived on feb 19, 2010. so i will be able to work as medical biller at home after i received this useless software it was horrible and piece of junk! i didn't know include some web sites like collaboration compass integrity manager( relay health) i though it was work athome as medical biller nope it didnt work after i called the toll free number inquired if i going to get paid the lady told me no well i have  to processed the insurance form via EDI! i said what on that website it took 2 days before i figureout the password i emailed student services at us career institute they didn't respond to my email also the graduate student services didn't reply to my email now my dreams are shattered and ruin thanks to us career institute nows my bills are pilingup well if they are going to do a seminar in chico just to promote the goals of us career  institute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2010 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-CAREER-INSTITUTE/FORT-COLLINS-Colorado-80525/US-CAREER-INSTITUTE-WESTON-DISTANCE-LEARNING-MEDICAL-CLAIMS-AND-BILLINGS-FORT-COLLINS-Co-579381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US CAREER INSTITUTE

#1 General Comment

really rico?

AUTHOR: nursingstudent51 - ()

I'm a current student at USCI, i do it on the side because im also enrolled in nursing school but wont be done for a while, and wanted to be able to do this quickly and get a decent job while i finish school.

so far ive had nothing but great things to say about the school, theyre very helpful and easy to reach. ive read plenty of reviews before just jumping into this.

i will say judging from the original poster's lack of knowledge of... basicly everything, the school is not to blame here.

#1 usci only gives you a certificate of completion, thats not an actual degree or license you must follow your state guidelines to become licensed or certified in your field... however, you cant sit in for that exam without proper education which is where usci comes into play. so no they dont actually give u the certificare or license but without them you arent eligible to take the exam

#2 how you passed any classes is beyond me

#3 ive worked in the medical field, ive dealt with insurance and coding and its not really that hard but i feel like it would be quite a challenge for you. considering you couldnt even log in to something for 2 days and dont know how the software works...

and lastly.. how can you even think u were just going to get a cd pop it in and boom start your own billing business. it doesnt work that way. the school is by no means at fault for any of this, you should have done better research on the actual job and the field in general.

#2 General Comment

Can't use software but still blames USCI

AUTHOR: kick811 - ()

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that US Career Institute should be blamed for technological incompetance... welcome to 2010'... If you lack the intelect to "Log-In" even after two days... you should not have passed the course work... also, I would suggest that the public would be better off if you are not handling the billing needs of the public.

#3 General Comment

I would do your research first

AUTHOR: swiftrobb - ()

I know for a solid fact that to be a Medical Coder/Biller you have to get specialized training so that you can learn how to take the certification test (required in all states) and pass it before any company will hire you to work as one. Most companies don't like to hire students that didn't go to a traditional college, but some will hire students who graduate from online and business colleges, but only certain companies. You also want to make sure any school you go to is Regionally Accreditted, that is very important. I don't know much about Us Career Institute, but from the research I have done. I am not going to waste my time and money on it. I "real" school of any degree would offer job placement assistance. The certificates they offer are often better to go to your local community college to get, more of a promise of job placement. But hey, just my opinion.

Who is this company?

AUTHOR: KSpeer - (United States of America)

I just got a collections letter stating it was coming from US Career Institutes and I have never even heard of them. I would never even take any of the programs they offered after looking them up as I have always wanted tobe a nurse and you can't do that through an at home program. Also there other programs I took in high school through a free program through my school so it would be pretty pointless for me to go through this "school" anyways. Are they even really accredited?

Who is this company?

AUTHOR: KSpeer - (United States of America)

Low Down Scam

AUTHOR: Joyce - (United States of America)

Dear Lakeisha Johnson,

Please contact USCI Student Services Supervisor to discuss your account status. You can call Mr. Bullinger at 1-800-347-7899, ext 4582. His hours our 7:00-3:30pm Mountain Standard Time, Monday - Friday.

Thank you.

Low Down..Scam

AUTHOR: Lakeisha - (U.S.A.)

I would just like to say that I applied to US Career Institute, my name is Lakeisha Johnson, and I enrolled in the Social Worker program. I actually didnt have a problem with the school or the work..I paid my $49 initial fee and my books and everything were sent to me. Unfortunately after having the material for about a month I decided that I couldnt do this at this time..I was laid off and I knew I wouldnt be able to keep up with my payments so, according to the refund policy I wrote an email and sent it to the school..never heard back from them yet but i did receive a bill in the mail for $1000. I would like to know how is this..I never sent in a test any work to be graded or anything..I know I did everything according to the refund guidelines and they are still trying to get $1000 from me. My question is for what..After reading the fine print for the refund, I totally am aware that if no work was handed in I am entitled to a refund. although, I wasnt looking for a refund because I had the material for atleast 3-4 wks. i just wanted to cancel the whole agreement and I am totally lost on why I am being billed.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Reply to 03-09-10 post by Rico (Chico, California)

AUTHOR: Kevin white - (U.S.A.)

U.S. Career Institute (USCI) regrets that Rico is dissatisfied with our school, particularly with the billing software program included in his course. This software program is an industry-proved one that most grads find satisfactory; some use it to operate their independent billing businesses. With the software, USCI grads receive a start-up booklet to help them learn how to use it. They also have free access to start-up help provided by USCI staff. Ricos comments also indicate that he is dissatisfied with his employment results. Although USCI does not offer job placement, we do have a Graduate Services department that he could contact by phone or email. A graduate counselor will review Ricos career goals with him and help him chart his path to employment. As a starting point, the graduate counselor will refer Rico to the course-specific job-search information provided in Pack 5 of his materials.

Rico apparently had difficulty receiving an email response from USCIs Student Services and Graduate Services departments. This lack of company response is highly unusual; were sorry it happened. We hope that Rico will use the toll-free Graduate Services number and extension given to him by USCI. He can contact the department to receive the free assistance that he, as a graduate, is entitled to at any time in his search for a medical billing position.

General information on USCI: Its one of three established distance-education schools operated by Weston Distance Learning, Inc. Each Weston course and degree program is accredited through the nationally recognized Distance Education and Training Council in Washington, DC. Its state approval is issued by the Colorado Department of Educations Division of Private Occupational Schools. Each Weston course and degree program has been approved for GI Bill, VA and DANTES military education benefits. A 2009 survey of almost 10,000 students revealed that 98% of course-respondents were satisfied with their Weston studies and would recommend their course to a friend. For more information, visit http://www.westondistancelearning.com.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC