Complaint Review: US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Unity — Lee's Summitt Missouri
US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
P.O. BOX 87130 LINCOLN, Nebraska USA

US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION GREAT LAKES LOANS NELNET I applied for a TPD for my student loans. It was approved. There was no mention of any conditions about receiving your payments that you made since your disability. After I am approved I find out Your payments are not returned the way I applied. I have been disabled since 10/1/2010. I have been on SSD since 4/1/2011. They should have told me up front that I would not get my payments back. I feel like I have been ripped off. I am sure I am not the only one. HELP! LINCOLN Nebraska

I have been disabled since for 4 years I have been diagnosed with a rare and terminal metastatic cancer. I was just diagnosed with 6 new metastatic tumors. I applied for a total and permanent disability to have my parent plus loans forgiven. You must be disabled for 5 years to be eligible. I read online that any payments made since your date of disability will be refunded. No where does it say you will receive them only under certain conditions. I have been on SSD for 3 years.. The US Department approved my application. "We have instructed your loan holders to return ant loan payments that were received after your disability date to the person who made the payments. For this purpose , your "disability date" is the date the physician certified your discharge application." A day las year. This was never stated anywhere when I applied.Now I am out all that money I paid since I became disabled.. I am sure I am not the only one they have ripped off. Can you help me? I am very ill, poor and disgusted with our government. They should be ashamed taking advantage of sick people. I worked for 28 years and don't deserve this treatment. I am on SSD and have to pay for medicare, supplemental insurance, prescription insurance and prescription copays. I deserve to get my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-DEPARTMENT-OF-EDUCATION/LINCOLN-Nebraska-68501/US-DEPARTMENT-OF-EDUCATION-GREAT-LAKES-LOANS-NELNET-I-applied-for-a-TPD-for-my-student-loa-1123400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION