Complaint Review: us federal grant department

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Ricky — Phenix city Alabama United States of America
us federal grant department

us federal grant department michelle nova told me to go to the nearest Western union asap with 310.00usd and call her and to make a refundable deposit to recieve a 7000 dollar grant and thats the only info she will give she is def. foreign Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Scam!

*Consumer Comment: What?

I got a call to say i was eligible to receive a grant worth 7000 dollars because i paid my bills on time,and hadn't filed for bankruptcy.the first num is 3682205855. And was told to call supervisor num 2063171343. Then supervisor Michelle Nova told me to get 310 usd and call her when i got to western union so that i can make a deposit which would be returned in 10-15 mins with the 7000 grant money. all of which doesn't sound right so be VERY CAREFUL...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/us-federal-grant-department/internet/us-federal-grant-department-michelle-nova-told-me-to-go-to-the-nearest-Western-union-asap-880860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on us federal grant department

Scam!

AUTHOR: kxmarti1 - ()

On my caller ID the number showed up as 202. I answered, the lady stated she was calling from the US dept of federal grants. I am eligible to recieve money for free, and I dont have to provide any personel info and pay nothing back. Ding-Ding-Ding there is no such thing as free money. I asked for her number and she hung up on me. I owe the governmnet money from my student loans, why the heck will I be eligible for free money!

What?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Which part does sound right? It does sound wrong from start to end. If you really get a grant, you won't get a call. If you get a grant, you won't be paying any processing fee because they can just deduct from the amount you will get. If you get a grant, no "Western Union" involve!!!

Sorry if this looks harsh to you, but this is to demonstrate that everything does not make sense. Also, this logic should be applied to EVERY letter/phone call you get in the future. Not only from just this type of scam.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC