Complaint Review: US Financial Resources

• Reported By: topkat — Austin Texas
US Financial Resources
213 E Street, pleasant grove, Utah USA

US Financial Resources fraud, scam pleasant grove Utah

I receive a phone call from an unusual number the format was 0-00-00-0.  I picked it up because of this reason.  I was informed that I had been awarded the grant that I had applied for and congratulation were extended by the caller.

The man asked if I could understand him and please don't hang up.

The individual calling had a foreign accent so I asked for his name again, though he had mentioned it at the beginning of the call, he told me his name was Paul Smith.  Okay this may have been true but in my experience persons with accents have names that go with the accent.  Red Flag.

As the call progressed he said I would have to pay $3.87 for the service, strange amount, another Red Flag.  I told him I had received a school grant way back when and never had to pay a fee.  A grant is free money after all.  I also told him this would require me giving him my financial information and I was not going to do that.  At this point he began to hem and haw so I said couldn't you come up with a more believable name then Paul Smith maybe Jones would have worked better. He said I don't know what you mean about Jones.

I then told him your company is a fraud, goodbye. I then put the company in a search and found this page.

I had hoped to apply for a grant to pay for some overdue bills I have due to helping my daughter and grandchildren from becoming homeless.  But I must have gone about it the wrong way to receive a call from this company.

Fortunately I know enough about the workings of scams not to have fallen for it-one of the lessons we learned from the scams from Nigeria.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Financial-Resources/pleasant-grove-Utah-84062/US-Financial-Resources-fraud-scam-pleasant-grove-Utah-1058054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Financial Resources