Complaint Review: US government Treasury Grant Department

• Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: Migio8 — North Carolina United States of America
US government Treasury Grant Department
200 Independence Ave Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

US government Treasury Grant Department Jaquelline Smith ID# 0386 getting a government grant of $7,000. Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: updated scam

*General Comment: total scam

*Consumer Comment: SCAM almost got me

*General Comment: Yes

*Consumer Comment: It's a scam forsure, there'sNO SUCH DEPARTMENT, You deposit the check, then send them real money and that's a scam, I'll bet the check is phony

*Consumer Comment: Call your bank

June 6th,2011 I received a call from The District Of  Columbia 1-202-900-5555, from Jaquelline Smith ID#03865, stating that I was chosen to receive a grant of $7000. only to be used for home repairs and improvements, of any kind, but not to be used for personal pleasures.
       She told me I had to call a man named Andy Richards at 1-202-407-7229, she gave me a grant approval number, and told me I had to give it to Andy Richards when I called him, so I did.
        He told me in order to receive my grant money that would be deposited into my account within 2 hours, I would have to go to Western Union and send $110. to either India or Africa, I chose India because it was $10. dollars cheaper.
         I asked him if this was a scam, he assured me it was not and the money would be in my account, as soon as I called him and gien him the number that was on my Western Union receipt.
         He told me to send the money to Yana  Kaur in Delhi India. I started to check things out on the internet, and found this website, with a similar situation posted, so I decided to post my situation instead of going to Western Union....
           Thank You for this website, I hope this may help some other people that are being Ripped Off.
           They have my bank account numbers.. Will this be a problem for me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-government-Treasury-Grant-Department/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20201/US-government-Treasury-Grant-Department-Jaquelline-Smith-ID-0386-getting-a-government-gra-737400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US government Treasury Grant Department

updated scam

AUTHOR: Walt - ()

Today, 2014-05-13, I receive a call from Washington DC phone number 202-456-4545. The woman on the other end said that I have been selected to receive a $7000 dollar grant that would not have to be paid. She gave me a approve number and a phone number to call to receive my grant money. I had a choice to have it direct deposit in my bank account or sent via western union. I chose western union. I called the number she gave me 347-380-6882 where if talked to a man calling himself Michele Moore. He wanted me to go to Walgreens and get a greendot money pak to send them $180 dollars as a deposit to hold until I received my grant money. I told him it would take about 30 minutes to get there and I was to call him back at ext. 2004. I decided to check the web for scams from the treasury and came across Ripoff Report and read what was there. I decided to respond to let people know that they are still trying to scam people.

#2 General Comment

total scam

AUTHOR: MAD AS HELL - ()

I had the exact same encouter today. I was given the number to call an account manager,  202-407-7187, when I called there was no answer, had to leave a voicemail.  While I waited for the return call I fould this website, oh to my surprise.  As I was reading the info on this website, the original person called me back wondering if I talked to the account manager yet, I advised him I was reading your website and he tried to tell me this wasnt a scam, he continued to get louder than me and trying to over talk me, I advised him that I was a government official and that this activity was being recorded, he then responded in perfect english " Go f*** your mother b****" hmmm interesting.  He then hung up, I guess problem solved.  Beware this is a total scam, Im thankful for this site and hope people think twice.  It just amazes me that they are still in operations, how they are using the same phone numbers, and how come they havenet been shut down and restricted.

SCAM almost got me

AUTHOR: James - (United States of America)

1. The updated scam today 12/12/12 has a woman call from a private number who barely speaks English (sounds Indian) and if you make it through the language barrier you are given a Washington DC # 202-657-6543 to call. Once you call and get a hold of a so-called senior account mgr, you are asked to provide your Grant ID # and then you need to be prepared to give some vital information to receive these monies one of 3 ways...the way i chose was Western Union, thinking i'll have no account details I'll need to provide UNTIL he hits me with a $280.00 out of pocket wire I'll need to make in order to release the processing of paperwork to receive the $7,000 grant money I've been fortunate enough to receive along side 19,999 other "Good citizens".  I'm not sure how these people can feel good about working for a company of this sort attempting to take people's money in an economy like this. Harry Alves is the alias my assigned senior account mgr used. Needless to say, i didn't fall for it, in fact i called him when i was supposed to be ready at the Western Union and flipped the script on him making him think i have a friend at Verizon that traced the first call and that i now know where he is operating from and that the local police are on there way. He hung up immediately...

#4 General Comment

AUTHOR: brownsong - (USA)

Yes, it's a scam, dear. You MUST call your bank and tell them. You may even have to close your account and open a new one. Do not ever give you bank info to anyone promises you money or vacations or sweepstakes winnings, or anything at all. They are all scam artists.

By the way, I think it's funny that you asked the man if it was a scam. Did you honestly think he would tell you? But I'm glad you didn't believe him and checked this site first.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Don't fall for it, throw it away, there's NO SUCH AGENCY AND THE CHECK'S FAKE.

Call your bank