Complaint Review: US Grant Department

• Reported By: Nichole — Illinois United States of America
US Grant Department
?, Illinois United States of America

US Grant Department Government Grant ?, Illinois

I got a phone call from US Grant Department on February 28, 2011.  They said I was approved for a government grant in the amount of $4,536. I asked them why me? They said because of my hardship. I asked them if this was a scam because the government doesn't just hand out thousands of dollars out because people are hurting.  Of course they said no and told me to pick it up at Western Union and pay a fee of $149.  I said how about I pick-up the money and they take the $149 out of the $4,536. They said that wouldn't work. Their number for now is (818)456-0199. I called it back and they answered. They said their website is www.grants.gov.

Don't be fooled into giving these people your money.y

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Grant-Department/-Illinois-/US-Grant-Department-Government-Grant-Illinois-701211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Grant Department