Complaint Review: US GRANT DEPARTMENT

• Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: upset in indiana — Gary Indiana United States of America
US GRANT DEPARTMENT
Washington D.C., District of Columbia United States of America

US GRANT DEPARTMENT STEVEN FRANKLIN, SR GRANT SUPERVISOR US Grant Department Washington D.C. , District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: funny

On October 3, 2012 I was contacted via cell phone from a young lady claiming to be from the US Grant Department.  She informed me that I had been approved for a grant of $8400 from the US government.  After verifing who I was by giving her my personal information, I was then instructed to call her supervisor back to discuss how the grant will be spent and how I would like to recieve the grant.

On October 4, 2012 I called the 202-407-7229, the phone number that I was given to receive my grant, and I spoke to Steven Franklin, Sr Grant Director.  Mr Franklin confirmed my information with the customer id HR412, which was given to me by the woman that I spoke with on October 3.  I was then told that I had to go to Western Union to send in my grant application fee of $203.67, I did not find this unusual because I had applied for some loans and read that some required an application fee.  Mr Franklin assured me that my grant would be in my bank account within the next two hours, if not call him back.  Three hours past and no money was in account.  I called Mr. Franklin and his voicemail picked up.  I left a message and waited for his phone call.

On October 5, 2012 I woke up to find that my bank account did not have the $8400 grant but it was in the negative.  I called Mr. Franklin and no answer and voicemail was now too full to leave message.  I called a total of six times and got the same voicemail box full message.

Today I search Mr Franklin online and my search lead me here.  If there is anybody out there that can help please let me know what I should or can do?  Thank  you in advance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-GRANT-DEPARTMENT/Washington-DC-District-of-Columbia-/US-GRANT-DEPARTMENT-STEVEN-FRANKLIN-SR-GRANT-SUPERVISOR-US-Grant-Department-Washington-D-951704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US GRANT DEPARTMENT

funny

AUTHOR: GeorgeV - (USA)

you fell for a version of the advance fee loan scam. instead of a loan it was a "grant" yeah right.... its not legal to require money up front for loans or grants in the US.