Complaint Review: US Grant Department

• Submitted: Sat, April 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2011

• Reported By:Clarkson Kentucky
US Grant Department
200 Independance Ave Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

US Grant Department I was offered a $5,000 grant! Washington DC District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Same exact thing happened to me

*Consumer Comment: us government grant dept.

I was called on a Sunday afternoon from the US Grant Department with an offer of a $5,000 grant to be used for any expenses I had acquired. I asked why I was awarded this grant and they told me it was because I had "paid every thing I owed for the past 12 months". (I don't wish to make myself look bad but I know this information is a lie!!)

Further, the man I was speaking to had an accent (Indian I believe), I could tell he was not from the US originally, and he said his name was Mark Williams?

I was given an address for the company out of Washington DC when I tried to search for the address on Google the address was invalid. I did not give any personal information to this person, when he started asking me questions he called me by my nickname instead of my full name and I ended the phone call.

Please be careful if this company calls you, I am a single mother with two teenage boys, and the previous report I read was also from a single mother!

Cyndi
Clarkson, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2008 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Grant-Department/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20201/US-Grant-Department-I-was-offered-a-5000-grant-Washington-DC-District-of-Columbia-329049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Grant Department

Same exact thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Lynch - (United States of America)

Someone just called me saying I had received a $7000 federal grant.  He confirmed my address information, but then asked financial info to receive the grant -- credit card, bank account, etc.. When I asked for a check he said they stopped doing that because people don't cash them.

So I asked for information b/c this sounded like fraud, and he gave me the name of the organization (which he mixed up a couple times) and the address.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor gave me the same info, so I asked for an employee #, agency #, anything to validate.  In the middle of saying "Let me give that to you" he hung up.  Both males I spoke to had Indian accents with a TON of background noise, and they could not even pronounce my name correctly (it's Ryan -- pretty common you would think).

Beware this does not happen to you.

us government grant dept.

AUTHOR: Charla - (United States of America)

I was also called today. same people as but they wanted me to go to western union with in min to claim my money $5,000.  I asked for the phone number so i could verify them with the goernment they couldnt provide.  as i read them the rip off report by cyndi of 2008. they were getting mad. after 20min of wasting time they told me "to go to hell" and hung up on me. they call from an  unknown name and number . Then thery called back asked for me i said she unavailble. they asked were did she go I replied to hell. and hung up.