Complaint Review: US Grant Dept

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Barb — Nixa Missouri United States of America
US Grant Dept
200 Independence Ave Washington, Washington DC United States of America

US Grant Dept $7,000 grant money I don't have to pay back Washington, Washington DC

Like other's have listed on this website, I just received a call from an Arab speaking gentleman who said he was with the US Government Grant Dept.  He said that there were 1,500 people selected in our area (Missouri) to receive $7,000 in grant money that I don't have to pay back.  I told him I already graduated several months ago from college and he said that was okay.  I immediately questionned him why I would receive this and told him I would NOT give him any credit card info or my SSN.  He said that was ok.  I will admit I gave him my date of birth; which I now regret, but as for my name, address, phone, he already had it!  I told him I work for the government and asked what the website is and he said www.grant.government.in (not sure if that is correct because I could not understand much of what he said.)  I asked for the address and he said it was:   US Government Grant Dept, 200 Independence Ave., SW AAA Bldg, Washington, DC.  He then said that he was going to hang up and for me to call back and speak to a Senior Supervisor and tell him my ID # was RS125; I was to call 425-296-7936.  I knew it was a scam and waited about 30-40 minutes, and thought what the heck, why not call to see what this jerk has to say.  I called and it rang about 20 times until it disconnected automatically.  Again.....college students BEWARE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Grant-Dept/Washington-Washington-DC-/US-Grant-Dept-7000-grant-money-I-dont-have-to-pay-back-Washington-Washington-DC-925532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Grant Dept