Complaint Review: US Health Advisors

• Submitted: Wed, July 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Dallas Texas U.S.A.
US Health Advisors
Internet, Texas United States of America

US Health Advisors US Health Group US Health Advisors Sold Me A Horrible Health Insurance Policy Internet, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: This Complaint is Completely Erroneous

I had a major medical plan that was expensive but comprehensive.  I was contacted by US Health Advisors, told that their plan was better and cheaper and had an A plus rating.  I had to pay an application fee which I never had to do before.  Then when my wife was hospitalized we found the US Health plan was full of holes and was NOT major medical.  We are out of pocket over $50,000.  Now my wife is uninsurable and we can't cancel the plan.  I did my research too late--I now find out that US Health has a B-- rating, not A plus!  Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Health-Advisors/Internet-Texas-/US-Health-Advisors-US-Health-Group-US-Health-Advisors-Sold-Me-A-Horrible-Health-Insurance-906680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Health Advisors

This Complaint is Completely Erroneous

AUTHOR: Ken Rosenberg - (United States of America)

Here are the facts regarding this complaint-

The hospital bill was $45,513.57.  Because it was in network the bill was repriced at $9,287 ($36,226.57 discount)

The doctor bill was $2141.  In network repricing $885 (discounted $1256)

The date of the service was April 25 and claims were processed on May 15 (3 weeks total to process)

The client selected a plan with a $9,000 deductible and a 70/30 co-insurance.

The clients total obligation based on these charges was slightly in excess of $9,000