Complaint Review: us post office merrill wisconsin mail carrier

• Submitted: Wed, August 10, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 20, 2012

• Reported By: joe — merrill Wisconsin United States of America
us post office merrill wisconsin mail carrier
430 east second street merrill, wisconsin 54452 merrill, Wisconsin United States of America

us post office merrill wisconsin mail carrier the carrier stole my camera that was suppose to be delivered merrill, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: portage wisconsin p.o.same thing

I purchased a Kodak z990 digital camera through Amazon.com.. I tracked the camera to the Merrill post office. I talked with, who I believe was the postmaster. He questioned the carrier who makes the deliveries in my neighborhood.
The carrier, who's name is John, claims he delivered what he thought was a book and put it in my mailbox on Monday, August 8, 2011.
As I have stated, the item that was purchased was a digital camera.
That item was not delivered to me and neither was any book. Note that a boxed digital camera of that size would look nothing like a book. My mailbox is 2 3/4" by 15". The fact that he says he specifically remembers leaving, what appeared to be a book, indicates that he claims to have dropped something off.
If it was a book, as he claims, that would have been stolen.
I filed a report with the local police department. The officer that took the complaint indicated that he did not believe the carriers story either.
I paid with a credit card, $299.00 for the camera.
I would really like my camera.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2011 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/us-post-office-merrill-wisconsin-mail-carrier/merrill-Wisconsin-54452/us-post-office-merrill-wisconsin-mail-carrier-the-carrier-stole-my-camera-that-was-suppos-763419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on us post office merrill wisconsin mail carrier

portage wisconsin p.o.same thing

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I had a similier experience w/the portage p.o....I sent my niece 3 freshly picked real catnip mint plants.Packed them in miracle grow for the trip to gurnee ,illinios.She has 3 cats who I babysit for her up here.The loved fresh catnip so I told her I would mail her some plants in the spring,so I did.The box show's up 1 week later,tore open,and just dirt inside.These idiots obviously thought it was something else,but in reality it was real catnip mint.You could smell it a mile away fresh.I cannot believe our tax dollars goes to training these people to steal catnip,what idiots!!!!Confronted the p.o. and this man started rambling on about homeland security,and small boxes,really.Is this what we are paying homeland security to do,open our private mail for catnip,,,I asked him where are my 3 plants,I just want my plantys back,they were the oldest ones and largest ones I had.He said call the police then,jerks,idiots,power hungry,corrupt all of thee above.Stealing catnip,whats next,my tulip bulbs,geez,,,,,,,mw