Complaint Review: US Tech Support

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: ileea — Burtonsville Maryland
US Tech Support
3340 Ocean Park Blvd Santa Monica, California USA

US Tech Support WARNING - do NOT allow them to access your computer - they INFECTED MY COMPUTER Santa Monica California

*Consumer Comment: comment

US Tech person took control of my computer & infected it- it will not connect to the internet. Programs & files were put on it without my knowledge
Tech represented that his company partnered w/Microsoft, as I was having problems logging onto one of my Outlook emails. He ran diagnostic test and put the results on Notepad in my computer. He did several others things to my computer that I did not know what he was doing, but he told me he was a Level 1 Tech and was trying to help me. He told me I needed a Level 3 Tech but that I had to pay $99 to speak with one. He ran config and other things on my computer. I said no thank you and within a few minutes he disconnected. That's when the problems started. I went into my programs and saw that several new programs that I never downloaded were there. It took me quite awhile to uninstall what he put on my computer as one program was very difficult to remove. Then I could not connect to the internet at all- the screen is blank. When I went into my computer, I found files that the Tech put on my computer that I did not authorize and that I can't remove. When I open one of the files under my Computer icon, it has the config file which opens to another file which opens to another file in which the following message appears -

"US Tech Support Framework Not Found
Unable to locate the US Tech Support Framework. The US Tech Support Framework is required to install this software. For further assistance, please call (800)749-1746."

This file was put on my computer on 8/13/14 2:20 pm. I deleted my programs that were wrongfully downloaded onto my computer on this day by the Tech. I called US Tech Support numerous times since 2 pm when this was done and spoke to the following people regarding what this Tech did - Jasper, his supervisor, Vita, Lou, Judy, then supervisor, Christopher. He told me he was going to listen to all the calls to determine what to do. He called me back and refused to help with the problems caused by the US Tech and stated that a US Tech did not do this, altho I told him the evidence shows otherwise. I also told him that it is ILLEGAL TO RECORD TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONS IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND WHERE I LIVE WITHOUT DISCLOSING THAT THE CALL IS BEING RECORDED. He said that the callers are told they are being recorded, but that did not happen in my case. I called 3 more times & each time there was no
recording that stated the call was being recorded and neither did the people who answered the phone - Zonna, then Anthony (#37628) then Sheila (#4130). All three of these US Tech Reps worked out of the Philipines and each of them stated that they do NOT inform those they are speaking with that they are being tape recorded & are NOT supposed to. I taped 2 of the calls and there was no recording or message stating that the calls are being taped. Therefore, US Tech Support is BREAKING MARYLAND STATE LAW BY UNLAWFULLY TAPING MARYLAND RESIDENTS, which I am. This company has ruined my computer and has refused to fix it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Tech-Support/Santa-Monica-California-90405/US-Tech-Support-WARNING-do-NOT-allow-them-to-access-your-computer-they-INFECTED-MY-CO-1169701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Tech Support

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

These guys are scammers and they almost got me too.  One thing you can try is the "restore" option on your computer.  It will restore all your settings to a date previous to the one where the tech called you.  You can find it in the control panal somewhere I think. That might get rid of all the stuff he downloaded.

Good luck!