Complaint Review: Us Work Alliance

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:Muskegon Michigan
Us Work Alliance
P.o Box 923088 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Us Work Alliance I purchased a postal exam booklet from US work alliance; them promising an exam and my money back. Norcross Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Our Customer Care Hotline Can Help You

*Consumer Suggestion: link to USPS

*Consumer Suggestion: you were ripped off

I found a hiring ad for postal work on www.usworkalliance.com and I called about the job. They had me purchase an exam book for 129.00; saying that after I take the exam I'll get my money back. When I received the book I got on the website to schedule for an exam stating that I would receive the exam date in the mail; but I never got it.

Mhensl02
Muskegon, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Us-Work-Alliance/Norcross-Georgia-30010-3088/Us-Work-Alliance-I-purchased-a-postal-exam-booklet-from-US-work-alliance-them-promising-a-310607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Us Work Alliance

Our Customer Care Hotline Can Help You

AUTHOR: Devin, US Work Alliance, Public Relations - (U.S.A.)

Mhensl02,

We regret the confusion that you may have experienced, but US Work Alliance is a truly viable company that can still help you in qualifying for a USPS job. We are not affiliated with the USPS, and do not claim to be, but we are in the business of helping people prepare to get jobs with the postal service.

In order to get postal service jobs, applicants must take the Postal Battery Exam and pass with at least 70%. This test is very strenuous, involving timed memorizations, organizational and math skills. Many times, if applicants have never seen the type of questions on the test, or studied them, they are guaranteed failure. Applicants can take this test only once in a twelve-month period, so it is very important that applicants score their very best on the first try. Just as thousands of people purchase study guides to help them do well on the SAT, LSAT, GRE and ACT, US Work Alliance provides a study guide to help people score well on the Postal Battery Exam.

The USPS provides a study guide, but it is not as comprehensive as the US Work Alliance study guide. Our 340-page study guide is up-to date and provides four actual practice tests, not just practice questions like the USPS study guide. Our study guide allows those who need practice before the test to get the best guidance possible to help them past the test with flying colors and have the best chance of being considered for a position.

For this reason, as was told to you when you purchased the product, we offer a refund policy that works in favor of applicants like you. After using the study guide and taking the test we give applicants a refund, in essence, just for their willingness to prepare for the test before taking it. We offer a refund if: 1) you do not pass the exam, 2) if you pass the exam and are called in for an interview and don't get offered the job, 3) if you pass the exam and are called in for an interview and are offered the job and you accept it and complete one full week of work, 4) if you do not have the opportunity to take an exam in your area for one year.

As for the notification of available exam dates in your area, we do provide a service that notifies applicants when tests are available. In some areas, tests are not always offered, but we provide a refund if in six months you are unable to take the test. To get more information about test dates and signing up for this service (which was included in your purchase) please contact our Customer Care hotline at 800-584-1859. Our representatives will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

link to USPS

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

HEre is the link for jobs at the USPS. www.usps.com/employment/welcome.htm

#3 Consumer Suggestion

you were ripped off

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

In the first place the US Postal service does not test or hire thru them, you have to go thru the post office itself and they will most of the time put in the paper when the postal exam will be offered in your area.
I took the test, you don't need a book, you need about a 5th grade education and common sense. I got a 95 on the test but in teh area where I live there are a lot of veterans and they get first preference even if thy get a lower score ( and judging by all the screwups by the post office, they probably barely passed.

IF there are a lot of people on the waiting lost fo a job, they do not offer the test very often, maybe once every couple of years.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC