Complaint Review: USA America Shopper

• Reported By: Angry in Louisiana — Springfield Louisiana
USA America Shopper
Casa-Grand Internet, Arizona USA

USA America Shopper Rip-off via a Sweepstake entry Internet Arizona

Today I enter a Sweepstake, and within minutes I received a phone call telling me that I was eligible for a $100 dollar gift card.  A foreign telemarketer came on the line and wanted my credit card # and name, address, and phone which I didn't give to her on such a small amout of information.

She then told me that I would be made some offer, but did declare repeatedly that I declined all offers.  She persisted and got very angry when I ask for her name, company, and her ID#. She told me that if I didn't accept the additional charges I wouldn't be billed for them, but she told me there was a $4.95 for handling the gift card.

I thought that was reasonable and gave her my card number, and all the pertinent information.  She once again persented the offers, I declined once again.  By this time I had been on the phone for approx. thirty minutes.  Once again she presented more offers which I decline. At this point I ask for her name, company she worked for, an address and an ID number.  We got into a screaming match and she hung up.

I called the number that had appeared on my phone ID,  and got a young man (Mike Pruz ID#20780.  He assured me that I would only be charged $4.95 since I had declined all offers.  I was then switched to an automated system and told to say ok everytime the automated system said ok.  At the end of each offer there was a charge.

At the end of each charge I was again ask for my credit card, name and address.  When I refused to say ok the telemarketer came back on the line and said I would not be charged for these offers that I had three month to use them and if I decided to keep them they would be added to my credit card.  They ask for my credit card number.

I know that all of the offers will be charged to my credit card even though I declined each offer.  At this point I knew that it was a scam and stated as much to the telemarketer.  When told this he too got angry.

I told him that I did not want the gift card or any offers charged to my card and told him that I was hanging up and did so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-America-Shopper/Internet-Arizona-85122/USA-America-Shopper-Rip-off-via-a-Sweepstake-entry-Internet-Arizona-1099614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA America Shopper