Complaint Review: USA Benefit Buyer Savings for $100 gift card to Target or Walmart

• Submitted: Fri, April 26, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: Robert — San Antonio Texas
USA Benefit Buyer Savings for $100 gift card to Target or Walmart
York, PA York, Pennsylvania United States of America

USA Benefit Buyer Savings for $100 gift card to Target or Walmart Buyer Savings Scammers, Continuously Hung Up On When Trying To Cancel York, Pennsylvania

My elderly roommate received a postcard without a business name or address on it saying "Great News!  You are eligible to received $100.00 in gift savings good at Wal-Mart and Target!  Call Toll-Free now for complete details.  1-855-548-2651."  It had a claim number on it.  When she called she was told what the previous poster was told--she would be given a confirmation number after she paid $3.95 which would be removed from her credit card.  Unfortunately she gave them the number, but when she was put on hold for the confirmation, the phone would disconnect.  She tried calling them back about six times to cancel her card, but the female she spoke with told her she couldn't do that because the order had already been processed.  She would have to call the customer service number included in the package she received.  My roommate explained every time she called for the confirmation number the phone disconnected, the female told her to hold on a moment with the confirmation number, put her on hold and the phone disconnected.  She called again and asked for the number again and it was read very quickly.  She asked she read it slower so she could get all the numbers but the woman hung up.  I gave my roommate my phone to see if it would disconnect as well and it did.  I called the woman back and said I was calling for my roommate and gave her her name and the woman immediately interrupted me that she told my roommate she couldn't cancel the order because it had already been processed and she'd have to call customer service.  I told her that I'd done research on her company and it appeared they were nothing but a scam and insisted that they cancel the charges and remove her credit card or we would be contacting the BBB and Attorney General and she hung up.  I suggested to my roommate that she contact her bank and have her card cancelled and a new one sent and she explain the situation to them so they would not honor any charges from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Benefit-Buyer-Savings-for-100-gift-card-to-Target-or-Walmart/York-Pennsylvania-/USA-Benefit-Buyer-Savings-for-100-gift-card-to-Target-or-Walmart-Buyer-Savings-Scammers-1046473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Benefit Buyer Savings for $100 gift card to Target or Walmart