Complaint Review: USA Discounters

• Submitted: Sat, April 19, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 09, 2004

• Reported By:Newport News Virginia
USA Discounters
451 Oriana Rd Newport News, Virginia U.S.A.

USA Discounters slow prossessing poor customer service ripoff Newport News Virginia

*Consumer Comment: We to were sucked in to the poor service of USA discounters

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This company preys on civil service and military personnel

*Consumer Suggestion: nothing but positive comments for this company

I bought an entertainment system and 32' tv on March 15th. They delivered me damaged pieces from the entertainment system and a missing tv cart which holds the tv. They haven't delivered me my tv cart yet. USA Discounters have poor customer service.

Alisha
Newport News, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2003 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Discounters/Newport-News-Virginia-23608/USA-Discounters-slow-prossessing-poor-customer-service-ripoff-Newport-News-Virginia-53640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Discounters

We to were sucked in to the poor service of USA discounters

AUTHOR: Pamela - (U.S.A.)

We purchased a washer, dryer and dinning room set with extra chairs.

The delivery date was set and I was required to sit at my house all day waiting for them to come. They showed up but did not have the dinning room table and chairs we were told would be here. I had company coming in from out of town that weekend and was not going to even have a table for them to sit at. They did not tell me this till the date of the delivery.

I then tried finding out when the table and chairs would be there. Nobody new. I requested the order be cancelled and we would just pay for the washer and dryer.

They told me they needed to speak to my husband who was in another state at the time (which is often the case in military and civil service families) I called him on his cell phone with my cell phone and I guess the lady heard his voice and proceeded to call me a lier that she heard him in the back ground.

We ended up cancelling based on the bad feelings that resulted from that conversation but it took them another 3 months to straighten out the paper work. This included us having to go to thier store and waite for hours because they did not know who was faxing it or printing it. It was a mess. We even took a trip to Norfolk to try and get the mess taken care of.

All the while we were recieving the threatening phone calls from the collections department for merchandise we were not in posession of and had no intentions of purchasing.

The final ending was I told them that if they did not have it fixed I would go on base and file complaints about thier company to get them added to the black list. My husband is a retired higher rank and also a current federal employee. I guess they figured the commands would listen because our paper work appeared and was straightened out by the end of the weekend

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This company preys on civil service and military personnel

AUTHOR: Qabala - (U.S.A.)

I am no longer an employee, yet still have invaluable inside information. Marlene's rebuttal explains a very unlikely situation other than the problem with her checking account. The sales people intentionally put the paperwork in early for what is called an "ACH". These actions are oftimes run over and over again, stacking up fees for NSF checks.

Alisha's complaint is very much the norm for this company. Sales people will intentionally sell you merchandise that is on the floor but not in stock. You believe them when they suggest that you do the paperwork as if it is in stock. Once the contract is completed and signed by you, and a delivery date is set. The sales person advises you that what you wanted is not in stock, but will be ordered and in the meantime you have received a partial delivery of goods. They don't tell you that the delivery for the rest of your merchandise will be in about 6 plus weeks. Yet you will still be required to make full payments on your account or you will be called by a collector with threats to get you to pay. After you explain your situation to the collector, he or she will have you contact customer service to find out what has happened to the rest of your merchandise. Now by the time you get this call from the collector, at least 6-8 weeks has passed. Here is where you are told that what you purchased is a discontinued item(s) and they will have you come in to reselect, but fail to tell you that what you select will generally cost a few hundred dollars more. You in turn are frustrated and refusing to pay. Now your chain of command, co workers, supervisors, friends and relatives are advised of your debt by the collector to strong arm you into submission. Paying full price for cheap furniture on a partial delivery. In your frustration, you tell the collector come and pick up the(expletive). The merchandise is recovered, oftimes resold to employees at a very discounted rate. You pay no deficiency balance, but suffer a repossesion reported to the credit bureau. A judgement soon secured. And the wage garnishment is pursued with vigor. Not to mention your bank account frozen. Civil service and military are easy targets, because of centralization of the payroll departments.You will be totally circumvented. And your wages will be flowing into their banks against your will. Steady easy money. Don't continue to be victimized. Contact the Atty generals office for guidance, if you believe you have been victimized by USA Discounters. Or any other company for that matter. Call Norman Sloan, the president of the company @ 757-368-1100 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. That's the corporate office number.Let him know how you feel.

If more folks knew their rights and utilize sites like this and their local media. This company and others like them, will shape up or ship out.

Good Luck

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Marlene - (U.S.A.)

I am a fellow purchaser of furniture from USA discounters. I purchased my items--sofa and love seat, coffee, and end tables as well as computer, televison and queen sized bed.

I myself have had nothing but positive comments for this company. I am a federal employee and they really came in handy when I had to move to my new home and needed new furniture for my home.

In the beginning I did have problems with them withdrawing money from my paycheck before the date the said they were, but this was due to my timekeeper submitting the info before date due. Thus all I had to do was contact PNC Bank whom handles the withdrawals and request that my money be returned to me. It was returned with no problem and I am pleased.

I am very pleased with them and find their monthly charges very affordable and reasonable.

#4 Consumer Suggestion