Complaint Review: usa muffler & brakes

• Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: Dennis — Spring Hill Florida United States of America
usa muffler & brakes
5853 us hwy 6 portage, Indiana United States of America

usa muffler & brakes wrote up estimate for repair on non exsisting engine problem portage, Indiana

First of all, I'm writing this for my sister.

On 1/29/11, my sister went in for her regular oil change on her '02 Jeep Liberty. The "Mechanic" noticed milky oil on filler cap and flat out determined it was caused by a bad head gasket without any other testing. My sister was sent next door and was given an estimate for 1,513.51.

As the other "Mechanic" was giving her the estimate, she had ask NOT ONCE BUT A COUPLE OF TIMES if there were any tests they can do to be sure. The "Mechanic" said no and said the price to fix it could be more if the heads were cracked. But of course, he would have to tear the motor down to find out.

She called me, (freaking out of course) and filled me in and I knew right off the bat, (as any mechanic would) it was a bad PVC valve. She went to another service center, "M.T.I. service center", and they "tested" and replaced the PVC system.

Needless to say, my sis is attractive and it's my assumption that someone thought they could take advantage of her thinking she had little to no knowledge as to the function of a motor. Wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 04:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/usa-muffler-brakes/portage-Indiana-46368/usa-muffler-brakes-wrote-up-estimate-for-repair-on-non-exsisting-engine-problem-portage-711347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on usa muffler & brakes