Complaint Review: USA Pocketbikes, Usapocketbikes, Usapocketbikes.com, USA Pocket Bikes, USA Powersports

• Submitted: Fri, January 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
P.O. Box 697 San Dimas, California U.S.A.

USA Pocketbikes, Usapocketbikes, Usapocketbikes.com, USA Pocket BikesUSA Pocketbikes, Usapocketbikes, Usapocketbikes.com, USA Pocket Bikes, USA PUSA Pocketbikes, Usapocketbikes, Usapocketbikes.com, USA Pocket Bikes, USA Powersports Shipped broken bike, poor service, and still not resolved after 2 months San Dimas California

We ordered a mini dirt bike from USA Pocketbikes on Nov 1st. This was intended as a Christmas gift and thought we had plenty of time. We did not receive a tracking number or confirmation that the bike was shipped until Nov. 22nd.

The tracking number was being reported that the bike was still on their shipping dock waiting for delivery. After numerous emails and phone calls to Mark, sales rep, I was told that the bike was going out shortly or within a couple days. On Dec. 2nd, we emailed Mark and, again, was told that it was being shipped shortly. Came home later that same night and the bike had been delivered and was next to our garage. Mark apparently had not idea about the order or simply did not check on it's status.

The box was flimsy and had some small damage. Took pictures of the box, opening the box, and of the bike. The bike was damaged. The plastic fairing/fender was broken - not all of the broken pieces were even inside the box. It was also missing some bolts and screws. On the first attempt at starting, the pull start assembly cracked and fell off.

I called Mark at usapocketbikes the next day, Dec 3rd. I was assured that he would take care of everything and would send the replacement parts. I was still confident that the parts could arrive before Christmas. I promptly filled out the claim form and sent numerous pics of the box, bike damage, and missing parts. The claim process was dragged out over the next couple weeks with numerous emails and phone calls, each telling me that the parts would be shipped shortly.

Finally, on Dec. 30th, I received the replacement fender and pull start assembly, but none of the bolts or screws. It's Jan 2nd and have yet to hear back from them about getting the missing bolts.

Please stay away from this company. I had heard some bad things about this company, but had also heard of others that supposedly had good dealings with them. Since we were ordering so early before Christmas, we decided to give them a chance. It was a big mistake and basically gave away a few hundred dollars. Since it had a damaged pull start, I was never even able to verify if the bike runs or will even start. Due to the holidays and receiving the parts on Dec. 30th, I've been unable to attach the pull start assembly to try it. Even if the bike does run, I am hesitant to let my daughter ride the bike due to the damages and missing parts that I could find. Who knows what else is wrong with the bike that I can't see.

Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Pocketbikes-Usapocketbikes-Usapocketbikescom-USA-Pocket-Bikes-USA-Powersports/San-Dimas-California-91773/USA-Pocketbikes-Usapocketbikes-Usapocketbikescom-USA-Pocket-BikesUSA-Pocketbikes-Usap-407152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Pocketbikes, Usapocketbikes, Usapocketbikes.com, USA Pocket Bikes, USA Powersports