Complaint Review: USAA Insurance

• Updated: Mon, December 13, 2010

• Reported By: Rick — Everett Washington United States of America
USAA Insurance
San Antonio, TX San Antonio, Texas United States of America

USAA Insurance Terrible company, Does not support military, screws over customers (insured) San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Robert work for USAA?

*Consumer Comment: Please

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the laugh

*Author of original report: in regards to Robert from Irvine

*Consumer Comment: response

*Consumer Comment: So..

I have a renters policy with USAA, early on in October I was notified that someone stole my items out of storage. I filed a claim with USAA and provided them with teh police report and all follow witness statements. I scheduled my call with the adjuster and she never called.  After words I informed her I was sending my statement over email to her so she did not waste my time again. She said great no problem that will make it easier on me too.  After I did that I heard nothing for several days and so I sent in teh follow documents she requested (items listing) she then advised me because it was over a doller limit she was transfering it to a new adjuster.   This new adjuster said he wanted a recorded statement. I advised him that the previous adjuster received a written statement instead. He said I dont care Im not her.  After arguing for a day with me, I said fine here is my number call me between 1:00PM and 2:00PM on and he was given a date.  He blew me off and never called.  after a few days I filed a complaint with teh Office of insurance commisioner in WA, I then contacted the adjuster and advised him that I was requesting a new adjuster and the reasons why. He replied with Because of you filing a complaint I have sent your claim over to our investigations unit to be investigated.  So this so called Private investigator bypasses the police and does an interview with one of the suspects. I checked to see if he was licensed and found out USAA is using unlicensed pI's in WA State. ( A state where they have to be licensed) As of to date still have not heard anything and its now Dec 10.  They are ignoring the Insurance commissioner and all communications with me.  This company is a scam and does not care about its members just itself.  They hire idiots for adjusters I mean you are hear to support the military members of USAA not rip us off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2010 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA-Insurance/San-Antonio-Texas-/USAA-Insurance-Terrible-company-Does-not-support-military-screws-over-customers-insure-670170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA Insurance

Robert work for USAA?

AUTHOR: Max Power - (USA)

Now that's a real laugh. If you look at how many posts he makes on ROR, you would know that there is no way he would have time to work.

Secondly, if you occasionally read some of his postings, you know that he would not even have the intelligence to work at Best Buy, let alone USAA. USAA's standards would be too high for Robert, even changing piss mints in the men's room would be beyond his capability.

So please, when Robert, Ronny g, and the rest of the ROR trolls respond to your posting, please don't accuse them of working for the company. They are more than likely unemployed bums.

Please

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Now, My own situation was very similar to Rick from Everett

- Yes I bet it is, one might even say it is identical.

So since Rick Number one didn't answer, perhaps Rick Number two will answer the very simple questions that were asked.  But before we get a Rick Number three from Everett to write a update, the questions do matter.

Because your claim is going to be treated differently depending on the type of claim.  That is a $500 claim on 20 year old policy is not going to have the same scrutiny as a $25,000 claim on a 6 month old policy.  Especially if there is even a hint that you may know some of the people involved.

Interesting

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

That's the "OTHER" Rick from Everett. Been with USAA for 31 years.

Thanks for the laugh

AUTHOR: JAFO - (USA)

So Rick from Everett tries to file a rebuttal as someone else in support of Rick from Everett!  That is hilarious!  Dude, if you're gonna fake a supporting reply...make sure you aren't logged in as yourself first.

in regards to Robert from Irvine

AUTHOR: Rick - (United States of America)

So reading your response you are either a USAA employee or contracted employee of the company.

With that said, it is very clear that you have never been in the military deployed or in a position that you cannot take phone calls just when ever you want. If that were the case you would understand that those of that serve in the military and are in that position cannot take calls just whenever.

Also, No where in the initial report here from Rick did he say he gave them attitude so that is a total random assumption on your part. Something an employee of USAA would say.

In regards to the Insurance commissioner, I find your comments very interesting. Yes it would nice to know what they are saying.  But on the Flip side an insurance company is not obligated by law to respond to complaints filed by consumers to the insurance commissioner.

I think what the point is here and on every other complaint filed against usaa, is they can't treat military members like 2nd class criminals, after all we are the members.

Now, My own situation was very similar to Rick from Everett, In fact my state has began a suit against USAA with respect to how it deals with claims and the Private Investigators USAA uses.  So you are defending a company with a history of mis-treating its members. There are tens of thousands of complaints against USAA and they chose to ignore them and say "we Stand behind our members"

Note to Rick: There is a large group of USAA members putting together a plan for removing board members and making USAA go back to its original way of doing business and support its members.

response

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

wow... this is really surprising. I've had USAA for over 30 years and I've never had a claims issue. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it sounds like you got the one bad apple in the barrel, and every company has one.

So..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You have a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner and in your words USAA is ignoring them.   The Commissioner has the power to revoke their license to sell insurance in the state, and I find it very unlikely that they would outright ignore them.  But if in fact they are what is the Commissioner telling you?

Also, you said that because your claim was over a certain amount they were transferring it to another adjuster.  So how much is your claim for?  Also, how long have you had this policy before you filed a claim.

Where you there?

Do you or anyone you know personally know the people that did it?

Did you have an improper lock or leave the unit unsecured?

Are you lying about the amount of damages or can't prove it?

If the answer to all of those is No, I don't see what the problem is and why you were giving them attitude about a recorded statement.  Yes arguing with him for over a day and then telling him to call you back at a specific time IS giving them a problem.  It probably took you longer to write this report than you would have been on the phone with him.