Complaint Review: USAble Life Insurance Company

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2008

• Reported By:La Vergne Tennessee
USAble Life Insurance Company
320 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 700 Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

USAble Life Insurance Company A Poor Imitation of AFLAC Little Rock Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: Really?

At work, we were offered accidental disability insurance written by USAble Life. We were told that it was "similar to Aflac" and would pay us benefits if we were injured and could not work.

In May of 2006, I was injured while strapping a load on a flatbed trailer. My bicep tendon was torn. I was out of work for two weeks for surgery. When I filed my claim, the policy stated that my particular injury would pay $400. I submitted the claims forms including the necessary signatures from the attending physicians and did so well within the time frame stipulated.

I received a letter from them stating that in my policy excluded injuries if the covered individual "driving any taxi or intrastate or interstate long-distance vehicle for wage, compensation or profit."

First off, my injury wasn't sustained while I was driving anywhere. Second, any person in the shipping department doing the exact same thing, according to the policy, would have been covered.

Finally, I feel it was completely misleading for this insurance company's representatives to come offer their product to a group of truck drivers knowing full well that the majority of any claims filed would automatically be denied based on our occupation. They never mentioned this clause at any time during their sales process. To me, that's not operating in good faith. They were more than happy to collect my premiums for the last 2 1/2 years without ever saying word one about this particular exclusion for those in my vocation.

Big ern
La Vergne, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2007 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAble-Life-Insurance-Company/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72201/USAble-Life-Insurance-Company-A-Poor-Imitation-of-AFLAC-Little-Rock-Arkansas-284673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAble Life Insurance Company

Really?

AUTHOR: Defendtruth - (U.S.A.)

Did they use those words "works like Aflac".... oh, that's not good.