Complaint Review: USABOX

• Reported By: ANURAG — Pune
USABOX
8369 NW 66 ST Miami, Florida USA

USABOX PACKAGES RECIEVED ON BEHALF OF ME AND GIVING HARD TIME Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Account Verification Procedures to Prevent Fraud

Hello all this is to inform everyone that the package forwarding service named USAbox is trying to rip me off by accepting packages on behalf of me and not delivering the same to me, The company received 12 packages on behalf of me and then started acting strange by firstly asking me to send the documents including 2 ID proof and a USPS form 1583 duly attested by a notary

then they asked me to add a credit card on file and charged a random small amount to my card before they could ship my packages to me and asked me to verify the exact amount so as to ensure that the credit card is owned by me which i did as soon as i could by looking for the charges to my credit card account,

then they asked me to make a call with skype mentioning the the account number with the company and showing myself to them which was also done from my side but despite all this they sent me a mail stating that they could not verify that i am the owner of the account and are asking me to go to the U.S conulate and get my documents attested by them

are they really serious the nearest US consulate is 120kms away in Mumbai, but the question is even if i go there will they entertain me, just because some package forwarding have asked me to do so, are they really being serious. This is so frustrating i wasted all my time following their instructions and fulfilling whatever they asked for but now they want me to go US consulate to get my ID's Attested and notarized,

are they kidding!! or just making fun of me. the company is trying to act con and rip me off my packages if they wanted all these to be done why did not the company asked me to do all this before accepting packages on my behalf. I am deeply disappointed by thier service and would never recommend anyone to fall prey of them. The emails sent by the company are as follows:

Date:01/21/2014

Dear Mr(s). ANURAG SINGH,

We now need to do a face verification on Skype. Please contact us using Skype to Skype name “usabox2” with a computer with a webcam. The call will be answered automatically. Please do a video call, look into the camera and say your name and your USABox account number. Please make sure your face appears center into the camera and hold the image still for 5 seconds or more. The account is configure to allow any caller in, if you want, you can also give us your Skype id to add it to the contact list. Please let us know if we may further assist you.

support@usabox.com

[I followed their steps and did what they asked..]

Another mail after successfully completeing all the steps

Date:01/21/2014

Dear Mr(s). ANURAG SINGH,

We are unable to verify your account. Please go the U.S Consulate in your area to get your 1583 form and copies of two form of IDs notarized. This will be the only way that we could verify your account. Please let us know when you get the documentation notarized, or if you prefer us to close your account and return the items to sender.

The company is determined not to work out and rip me of my packeges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USABOX/Miami-Florida-33166/USABOX-PACKAGES-RECIEVED-ON-BEHALF-OF-ME-AND-GIVING-HARD-TIME-Miami-Florida-1117217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USABOX

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Account Verification Procedures to Prevent Fraud

AUTHOR: usabox.com - ()

We have reasons to believe that this person is not who he claims to be as we found some inconsistencies in the verification process.

We offered to this person that if he did the notarization at a US consulate we would allow the account to be activated.

Due to the nature of our business we receive many fraudulent attempts daily and try our best to stop them, not only to protect our business, but also to protect the merchants that sold items to theses customers and then helping develop a more trustable marketplace for the legitimate customers using our service.

We have all the log information from this customer available to any law enforcement agency needing to investigate this issue.

p.s. In the United States, the US Postal Service regulates how mail can be received and handled. They also dictate required procedures for Commercial Mail Receiving Agents (CMRA) like us to follow. USPS Form 1583 acts as a written authorization that permits a CMRA to receive mail on the customer’s behalf. This form is required before anyone can give you a mailbox.