• Report: #1091925

• Updated: Mon, October 14, 2013

• Reported By: Jolyn — Oregon city Oregon
USCI - US Career Institute
Ft collins, Colorado USA

USCI - US Career Institute Breaks terms of agreement and privacy policy right out of the gate! Ft collins Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from U.S. Career Institute

I recently received a mailer containing an ad for USCI. I thought it looked promising, and decided to go to their website for "free information" on their transcription program. The information request form on the website was very straightforward, and had two check boxes at the end. One was stating that you agree to receive email communication from USCI, the other was an agreement to receive phone calls, which clearly said was not necessary to check that box (so I didn't, as I am tired of solicitation phone calls, as I'm very busy with my children and don't have time to answer my phone for non important calls). I must repeat I DID NOT CHECK THE BOX ALLOWING THEM TO CALL ME VIA TELEPHONE. So far I've received 5 phone calls in 3 days. 2 of those phone calls resulted in voicemails left for me. I am not happy at all and now definitely will not be signing up for this course, if they have no problem ignoring a request for no phone calls, how well can they possibly treat students?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USCI-US-Career-Institute/Ft-collins-Colorado-80525/USCI-US-Career-Institute-Breaks-terms-of-agreement-and-privacy-policy-right-out-of-the-1091925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USCI - US Career Institute

Reply from U.S. Career Institute

AUTHOR: U.S. Career Institute - ()

Hi Jolyn,

Thanks for giving U.S. Career Institute a chance to respond to your complaint.

First and foremost, U.S. Career Institute adheres to all regulations put forth by the governing bodies of the organizations through which we are accredited and any legal obligations to which we are held.

By submitting the form to request information through our website, you are consenting to be contacted via postal mail, phone or email. This is clearly stated directly in the form before submission. When submitting the form, you have the option to opt in or out of receiving phone calls via automated technology. This is the part of the form that you are referring to. By submitting the form, you are consenting to receive calls from U.S. Career Institute representatives - but not calls from automated technology. Therefore, U.S. Career Institute has not broken any terms of use.

You can verify this information through the screen shots included below of Step 2 and 3 of the Request Information form on U.S. Career Institute's website.

If you do not wish to receive any further calls from U.S. Career Institute, please call 866-250-6851 and we will take you off our list.

U.S. Career Institute