- Report: #1065421
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: USDish
USDish5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way Ste 300 Salt Lake City, Utah USA
USDish A Reseller of DISH Satellite TV FRAUDULENTLY STOLE FUNDS FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT Salt Lake City Utah
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I went to the USDish website 'thinking' I was dealing with DISH Satellite TV directly. I did not know this company uses resellers to help them move their products. That right there is enough to turn me off, but here's what this fraudulent, IMO, reseller did.
1. LIED TO ME. The customer service representative, Elizabeth Ayers, insisted that I had to also purchase a subscription to Geek Squad with my satellite TV subscription. She told me I could turn around and cancel immediately after subscribing if I wanted to and foolish me, I bought the line about 'having' to purchase this additional service.
So, first I gave Ms. Ayers a debit card number for my checking account, then changed my mind and to be sure I wasn't charged for additional months of the Geek Squad service, I told Ms. Ayers that I wanted to use another debit card instead. This second card number I gave her was for a debit card that has to be loaded and is not directly tied to my checking account.
2. STOLE MONEY FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. Having paid for the single month of Geek Squad service because Ms. Ayers said it was the only way to get the promotional satellite TV service, I resolved to part with the $19.99 charge for that, and was again told what my monthly DISH TV service would cost.
I was prepared for that charge, so OK, I gave her my checking account number to make an ACH withdrawal. I had totally forgotten I'd given her the debit card number to my checking account, and silly me, I thought I'd paid for everything when I had paid for the stupid Geek Squad service and the monthly DISH TV subscription service.
But NO! Upon checking my bank account immediately after concluding my conversation with Ms. Ayers, I saw that $49.99 had been taken from my checking account, using the debit card number I had TOLD MS. AYERS I DID NOT WANT TO USE.
She not only used that card to withdraw unauthorized funds, she never told me about this additional $49.99 fee for using her company, a reseller of DISH TV.
I was so mad I called this company right back and tried to cancel all services. However, my phone number, now tagged by the reseller, would only route me directly to DISH TV. I could no longer interact with their reseller, USDish.
DISH TV 'claimed' they did not know that USDish was not telling prospective customers about all included charges. DISH TV 'claimed' they had no way to re-route my call back to this reseller so so that I could take my issue up with them over the unexpected and unauthorized $49.99 fee I was not told I would be charged, and which had been taken illegally from an account I specifically told Ms. Ayers at USDish I did not want to use.
I was able to cancel the Geek Squad service, I was able to cancel the DISH TV service. What I could not cancel was that pesky $49.99 charge because I have no way of contacting that reseller of DISH TV. That leaves me having to go to the bank and file a formal dispute over the $49.99 the reseller took from my account without my authorization.
I HATE ELECTRONIC BANKING!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USDish/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84116/USDish-A-Reseller-of-DISH-Satellite-TV-FRAUDULENTLY-STOLE-FUNDS-FROM-MY-CHECKING-ACCOUNT-1065421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.