Complaint Review: Used Car Company

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: John — St. Cloud Florida
Used Car Company
857 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Saint Cloud, Florida USA

Used Car Company Car scam/ Deceptive practices/ Lemon Law/ Odometer fraud? Saint Cloud Florida

*Consumer Comment: Unbelievable!

I went to Used Car Company in Saint Cloud on 10/3/2013 to buy a new car. I dealt with Steve who took my 2002 Toyota Corolla as a trade in on a 1994 Cadillac Deville with only 108k miles. I am on disability so I only get a check once a month. I have a 5th grade education, so I couldn't read the paperwork. I took the salesman at his word with the verbal agreement we made about payments being due on the 3rd of each month.

The second day I had the car there was a problem with the a/c motor. I called the dealer, who told me that if I buy the new motor they would install it. I had the car less than 24 hours. Of course I didn't have money to fix. In the next couple of weeks other things starting going wrong with the car. I kept calling the dealer about the issues. While I was on the phone with them telling them that there should not be this many problems with a car with such low mileage, someone from the dealer came and repossessed my car. I did mention that I was suspicious about odometer tampering.

My wife read my paperwork right before I called them and told me that I had signed a weekly finance agreement. I was also trying to get this sorted out in my phone call. I asked them how could I get my car back. They said I couldn't. I asked them how do I get my personal belongings out of the car. They said I would have to sign a voluntary surrender form or pay them $75 for my stuff. These people are crooks. I'm scared to sign anything with them.

They are holding all of my personal belongings (over $1k worth) my disabled parking placard and my hard tag (that had not yet been transfered to the car) My wife did some research and found that the Cadillac is only worth $1900, when the car I traded in was worth over $2300. All I want from these thieves is my Toyota back and all my personal belongings. They can keep the $100 cash that I gave them in the deal. I'll let them keep that for me driving the car 3 times in 22 days.

I want everyone to know that Ronnie McCarroll the owner has had 6 previous used car companies that all closed under suspicious circumstances. Run as fast as you can from "Poor Ole Ronnie". They are all scam artists who prey on the elderly and disabled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Used-Car-Company/Saint-Cloud-Florida-34769/Used-Car-Company-Car-scam-Deceptive-practices-Lemon-Law-Odometer-fraud-Saint-Cloud-Fl-1095788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Used Car Company

Unbelievable!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

COMMON SENSE dictates the time to do all this research work on a used car and the time to READ the contract is B E F O R E you sign it!

Incredible!