Complaint Review: USGOLDBUYERS.COM

• Reported By: Stanley — South Elgin Illinois United States of America
USGOLDBUYERS.COM
62 West 47th Street, Suite 604 NYC, New York United States of America

USGOLDBUYERS.COM BEWARE NYC, New York

I was given a price of $3,778.89 for my gold and silver by Steve.  I said that was about $400.00 lower than I expected and Steve said the gold was only 52% pure.  I purchas a kit to evaluate the gold and silver and it came out $400.00 more than Steve said.  According to current gold prices, 14K gold is 58.32% pure.  Steve was telling me how the system they use is accurate and there are impurities in the gold.  In other words, there was 4% of upure gold.  Then why would the kit show the wrong results!!!! ( It does test for 10, 14 18 and 24K.  Since I did not want to go thru paying to have the jewels returned, I agreed on the price (wrong move)!!!!  I asked Jeff (thru Email) if there was a print out from the machine on the purity and he said no, it is based on honesty.  The price they gave me was still a little higher than the local shops around here, but between the drop of $400.00 on the gold and silver and then the 26 small diamonds at $320.00, I would have been better off local.   I asked to have 2 of the diamonds returned that were in one ring and forgot about the another ring with 26 small diamonds in it (valued at approx. $320.00).   The 2 diamonds were sent back and when I called back about the other diamonds Steve said the price was including the diamonds and he did not have the file in front of him.  Sounded like he did not want to bothered.   I do not feel I got a fair shake and someone over there has my other 26 small diamonds.  I should have dealt with Joseph, he seemed like more of a straight shooter.   Steve sounded like he had to be there as to Joseph sounded like he wanted to be there.  In a nutshell, trust your instincts, if you don't feel comfortable with an individual, ask for someone else.  Also: I sent them 5.38 troy oz. of gold and silver.  4.81 in gold and .57 in silver.  I was not paid for the silver content in the gold as I was told that if the total weight was over 5 oz., you get paid for the silver content in the gold also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USGOLDBUYERSCOM/NYC-New-York-10036/USGOLDBUYERSCOM-BEWARE-NYC-New-York-1024977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USGOLDBUYERS.COM