Complaint Review: USight

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, June 21, 2004

• Reported By:Topeka Kansas
USight
727 N. 1550 E. Suite 300 Orem, Utah U.S.A.

USight ripoff, lies, scam-artists - After the seminars, there was no contact with those who conducted the seminars, etc. Orem Utah

*Author of original report: all accounts between uSight and myself are satisfied

A friend and I went to the seminar together. I was skeptical, but the hosts were very good, very diplomatic, very smooth.

We decided to go ahead and spend the initial investment asked.

We were very surprised at how the hosts used the "fear of loss" approach to get attendees to spend more and more money.

The travel vouchers and vacation vouchers sounded good as well, so we bought those, too. Hell, we can't give them away!

The hosts gave us their "personal" contact info, said if we needed anything or had questions, they'd respond right away... We have never heard from them again.

Granted, my friend and I are quite computer-literate, so a website up and running with the uBuilder was easy, but the software was very simple and very limited. We asked about FTP access, but was informed that it was uBuilder or FTP, not both, and that there'd be extra charges for FTP access.

Using the merchant account was more difficult, not to mention paying the extra setup fees for American Express and Discover.
"Tech Support" at uSight was pitiful when we asked for help with the merchant account coding for use with other websites. They were there to placate us and support their uBuilder, but God help someone who needed help in any other venue (my friend finally figured it out, though, no thanks to uSight).

Had we been given the time to research, we wouldn't ever have bought into uSight. The thing is, they don't give you the time, and don't want to. They use the "now or never" "fear of loss" approach.

You can get 1 year hosting for as little as $35.00, and merchant services for as little as $99.00 for 1 year.

With uSight, they charge so much more, preying on the uneducated, misinformed, 'puter-illiterate, those that want to improve their financial situations, and wow! do they take people for a ride!

I appreciate that business is business, but bad business and screwing people over is bad business.

For shame, I say.

Mark
Topeka, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2004 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USight/Orem-Utah-84097/USight-ripoff-lies-scam-artists-After-the-seminars-there-was-no-contact-with-those-wh-90283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USight

all accounts between uSight and myself are satisfied

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

After speaking with Mr. Brandt Anderson, we came to an agreement that we sould pay the $360.00 in arrears that he claimed could not be debited from our bank account (The money was there all along).

He is supposed to give us a letter on uSight letterhead stating that all accounts between uSight and myself are satisfied, and that no one owes anything to anyone...

decisions