Complaint Review: uspassportonline.com

• Submitted: Thu, June 28, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: jord3t — Norristown Pennsylvania United States of America
uspassportonline.com
3309 Northlake blvd., Ste# 102 Palm Beach Gardens, Florida United States of America

uspassportonline.com decieved me into paying for their bogus service then charged $45 cancellation fee Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

*Author of original report: Finally! These scumbags are being investigated

*Author of original report: Update

I tried to renew my passport on the website uspassportonline.com as soon as I filled out the form on their site they charged my credit card $159.00 (no confirmation screen before the charge is applied)the very next screen tells you that you need to download a bunch of forms, put together a package and send it to them along with an additional money order for $170.

As soon as i saw this I tried to cancel the order but they have a $45.00 cancellation fee.  when I called to get the refund they didn't even care that I was canceling because their business model depends on the $45 fee.

I admit it was stupid not to not to research the company before using the service, but they have at statement "Authorized by the U.S. Department of State" on their site which gave me a false sense of security.

This company was given an F by the better business bureau (http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/passport-service/us-passport-online-in-palm-beach-gardens-fl-92016421)
They are ripping off a LOT of people.  Even though they have disclaimers in fine print, I cannot help feeling like a victim and I'm sure there are legal problems with what they are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2012 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/uspassportonlinecom/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33403/uspassportonlinecom-decieved-me-into-paying-for-their-bogus-service-then-charged-45-can-904392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on uspassportonline.com

Finally! These scumbags are being investigated

AUTHOR: jord3t - (United States of America)

just sent in my affidavit to Florida attorney generals office. Let's hope they shut this unethical company down!

Update

AUTHOR: - ()

i just received an affidavit from Florida attorney general to fill out describing my experience with this company.  I filled it out and attached documentation supporting my affidavit and mailed it back... They are investigating uspassportonline for illegal conduct.  let's hope they shut down this unethical company!