• Report: #1061950

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Julia l. — Irmo South Carolina
USPS Accounting Services
1720 Market St. St. Louis, Missouri USA

USPS Accounting Services Denied a legitimate domestic insurance claim St. Louis Missouri

I filed a dometic insurance claim with the USPS Domestic Claims, accounting services in St. Louis, MO on March 19.  I had purchased some hummels and three of them were damaged during shipment. I then received a letter from the supervisor of domestic claims on March 21 stating that I was required to bring the original packaging materials, original mailing receipt, authentication of the items' value, etc to my local post office. I did as instructed on April 6. The clerk at the post office mailed in the required form that same day. I called accounting services on May 15 stating that I had not heard anything and she told me that they did not receive the necessary paperwork, etc. I went back to my post office and the claims clerk there did in fact send everything off. I then received a denial letter on May 21 which stated the claim was denied because they did not received the correspondence that was requested in the timeframe required.  The clerk at the post office can not believe that it was denied and for the reason given.

I have appealed this decision and still have not heard from anyone. The on-line claim still says that it was denied.

I followed the instructions to a T and I just feel like they want to get out of paying the claim. They are jerking me around and I'm done being jerked around.

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I'm even considering hiring an attorney.   I'm at my wit's end. My next step will be to call the supervisor of domestic claims. They conveniently do not include a name and phone number!   I have to jump thru hoops to obtain this information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USPS-Accounting-Services/St-Louis-Missouri-63155/USPS-Accounting-Services-Denied-a-legitimate-domestic-insurance-claim-St-Louis-Missouri-1061950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USPS Accounting Services