Complaint Review: USPS

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Angry customer — Tucson Arizona
Granite st Tucson AZ Tucson, Arizona USA

USPS Never using USPs the treated my boxes like a kickball!!! Tucson Arizona

My husband is military so when we got new orders we decided to send our irreplaceable family heirlooms separately through USPS to ensure safety. We insured up to $200 a box, still they arrived broken. Although we wrote fragile on each side, the boxes were EXTREMELY beat up and 1 was even ripped open on the side! It took hours to claim them running to the USPS, public spot for computers, and home twice for info. I was expecting the $400 since I also had proof they were worth far more than that.. After finally finishing everything(she gave me paper by paper at a time as I continuously had to get back in line) she informed me that "IF" they accepted my claim they would keep the items to auction off? I thought they were paying to fix them??? These have been passed down for generations why would I give them away? Why did I even pay to insure them?? When they are just gonna try to make the money right back off of my items! If I wanted to sell them for less than they were worth I would have gone to a pawn shop!!! The worst part is that the packages were soooo clearly mishandled and abused by the staff that a brand new box actually split halfway down the side. They were crushed, scuffed, missing peices to the point where it looks like the employees played kickball with them!! Never again will myself or any of my family go through them, I hope no one else ever does either because you may end up in the same position that I am! Fedex or UPS for us from now on! No wonder no one uses them anymore!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USPS/Tucson-Arizona-85708/USPS-Never-using-USPs-the-treated-my-boxes-like-a-kickball-Tucson-Arizona-1085062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USPS