Complaint Review: ussalonsupply.com

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: ljones1221 — Westchester County New York United States of America
708 S. Kalamazoo St, Paw Paw, MI 49079 Internet United States of America

ussalonsupply.com US Salon Supply LLC They're selling bootleg products and you'll NEVER speak to a live agent!!! Internet

If you've heard of the old adage "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is", that totally applies here.  I found Bare Lifts at their site considerably cheaper than anywhere else.  I didn't have any problems receiving my order but as soon as I saw the package I knew I received a bootleg package.

Real Bare Lifts aren't sold in a box, it's a plastic package. The actual Lifts are made of a clear surgical tape that's waterproof.  What US Salon supply is peddling is more like a heavy duty packing tape!  You can actually see it crinkling under your clothing and it feels terrible because it creates a rippling effect with your skin attached to it.  However, it doesn't adhere well enough to seal out water, just enough to make you miserable.

I tried to call them several times over several days, and this is when the second red flag was raised.  The phone leaves you on terminal hold for more than 10 minutes before sending you to their voicemail.  I tried pressing both #1 to place an order or #2 for customer support.  All that came out of it was me wasting my anytime minutes.

Next I emailed them and got an auto reply that said I'd be contacted within 48 hrs.  Great.  After 240 hrs I still had no callback.  I emailed a second time and got a generic response that they'll accept my return with a 20% restocking fee even though they sold me a bootleg product.
Here's an exerpt from their reply:

"Sep 17 2012  3:34PM] : If we get it back within the 15 of your order there is no restock fee

[Sep 17 2012  1:54PM] : Thank you for your reply.  Why do I have to pay a restocking fee for a counterfeit item?  I wouldn't be returning it if it were an authentic product.

[Sep 17 2012  9:32AM] : We will be happy to accept any item back for return up to 15 days from date of order for a Refund less a 20% restocking fee or 30 days from the date of order for a Store Credit without a restocking fee.. (except Furniture & Equipment Items - These are non-returnable) To qualify for a return, ALL items must be returned in their original condition, including the original packaging and containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals, all accessories. Please note that we are not able to refund or credit for the original actual shipping charges on returns."
I decided to just spread the word and take the loss rather than have to pay for return shipping less a restocking fee.  I dont' trust those people to refund me anything nor do I want them processing any further payments.  Buyer beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ussalonsupplycom/internet/ussalonsupplycom-US-Salon-Supply-LLC-Theyre-selling-bootleg-products-and-youll-NEVER-sp-946418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ussalonsupply.com