Complaint Review: USTechSupport

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: GRmember — Clovis California United States of America
USTechSupport
Santa Monica, California United States of America

USTechSupport CleanMyPC, MaxMySpeed Please deposit money please Santa Monica, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: USTECH

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: USTECH

On 8/12/12 I went to one of ustechsupport many websites that all claim they can speed up my computer to download their Free computer program, CleanMyPC.  After I ran the scan, which found numerous problems, I attempted to download the CleanMyPC software.

SUPRISE! I recieved message that stated I needed to contact a representative as the program could not download due to a problem detected.  So I called number provided (which turned out to be a sales department) and told them why I was calling.  I was told that I would have to register and sign-up with their service so that one of the techs could help me.  I told them that all I wanted was the program and that I was not going to sign-up.  They offered to look at my computer free of charge this one time to see exactly what was wrong but I would have to authorize a remote access.  I was also told that such access program would be removed automatically following my session - LIARS!

After the Sales Rep accessed my computer and ran their own scan I was told that I had several critical problems. SUPRISE! I was told then that they could help me with but I would have to sign up with their tech support service.  I was told that it would cost me an account set-up fee and then I would be charged a monthly fee of $14.99 to give me unlimited access to their tech support.  When I declined their offer I was told that I at least needed to purchase the CleanMyPC software to fix the less critical items found on my computer.

When their representative ended our session the desktop icon for the remote access vanished and I assumed that the remote access program was also gone.  Imagine my surprise when I went to un-install a program I no longer used and found a program called USTechSupport.com.  As I did not remember ever installing a program from this site I looked them up.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that CleanMyPC was one of their aliases.  To say the least I am very angry.  They have been able to access my computer since my first contact.  I am not saying that they did access my computer without my consent but they could have and I would never had known.

The advertisements for this company and their many akas are misleading and are NOT free.  I would warn others that you use their services at their own risk and it is going to cost them money. After my experience I would NOT recomend them.  Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USTechSupport/Santa-Monica-California-/USTechSupport-CleanMyPC-MaxMySpeed-Please-deposit-money-please-Santa-Monica-California-957637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USTechSupport

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

USTECH

AUTHOR: MIKE - (United States of America)

GOT AN EMAIL STATING MY PAYMENT WAS ACCEPTED, NEVER SIGNED UP BUT MONEY WAS TAKEN FROM BANK ACCOUT

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

USTECH

AUTHOR: MIKE - (United States of America)