Complaint Review: Utility Shield Manchester Group

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Grove City Ohio
Utility Shield Manchester Group
.utilityshield.com/about.aspx Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

Utility Shield Manchester Group Main Water Line Internet

*Consumer Comment: We have had issues too.

This company is a rip off. I was on vacation 4 weeks ago and had placed a call to the water company to see why our water bill was so high. They came and checked the presure and said everything was fine. We did find a tolit running all the time and fixed it. So since I was on vacation I thought why not buy the warranty to protect our main water line. So the same day I enrolled to them and was told we had a 15 day period before the warranty goes into affect.

Well yesterday me and my wife was leaving to go to work and seen water running along our driveway. I went to work and called the Utility Shield Manchester Group and she told me Capital Plumbing would be calling me to set up a time to come and see what the problem was. A few hrs later she called me back and said they were not going to cover the repair because it is prexisting. and that because I had the water company here the same day I got the warranty. I told her it was 4 weeks ago and if I had a leek at that time the water company would have given me 6 days to get it fixed. She just did not care what I had to say. Bottom line I am stuck with the bill so be carefull who you buy your warranty from.

Jeffrey
Grove City, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Utility-Shield-Manchester-Group/Grove-City-Ohio-43123/Utility-Shield-Manchester-Group-Main-Water-Line-Internet-402534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Utility Shield Manchester Group

We have had issues too.

AUTHOR: tt80rose - ()

We got Utility Shield to protect our house as it is an older home.  When we bought the policy we specifically asked if they would cancel us if we had too many claims.  The representative said no.  We filed two claims and had the repairs done.  We then get a letter in the mail a week later stating they are cancelling our policy.  We call to find out why and they won't tell us.  They said we had to talk to their legal department.  Their legal department called and stated that it was because we had too many claims on such a new policy.  How are you going to say you won't cancel and then turn around and cancel after two claims.