Complaint Review: Vacation Trader International

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: Swindled — Kerens Texas
Vacation Trader International
310 4th Avenue South Suite 5010 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Vacation Trader International Michael Stevens, Mickey Bates Swindled by the smooth talkers! Supposedly had a buyer for my timeshare with money in escrow and needed money to file papers and get the verification of ownership. Minneapolis Minnesota

*General Comment: Timeshare Resale Scams

I Was Contacted in April 2013 by Tina a representative of Vacation TimeShare International.  Then followed up by Michael Stevens.  He stated that he had a buyer for my Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, NV timeshare.

The buyers had been approved, agreed to the asking price and had authorized the $9000.00 to be put into escrow.  This was to secure they were interested.  If they backed out they money would be granted to us.

The contract was sent over via DocuSign with all our information, Contract #, timeshare information as well as the amount of money needed to process all the documents.  (title search, verification of no leins, etc.)  Just needed to type in the accept box and send back.

Michael Stevens stayed in touch with me about every 2 weeks. If I had any questions or concerens and left him voicemails he returned them.  Then all of a sudden in June all his calls went to voicemail with no respose back.  I then called another number 612-326-0585 and began leavin messages.

On 6/24/13 Mikey Bates contacted me letting me know that Micheal Stevens had been terminated and would check into my file.  He later called me back stating that the legal team had my file as well as others that Micheal Stevens had been working on.  He assured me that the buyers had the contracts to sign and awaiting them to be returned and fed ex to us.

That day I looked up the web page www.vacationtraderinternational.com and got the message it was under maintenace.  The 800-747-6128 was suspended. The email - info@vacationtraderinternational.com undeliveable.

I also, looked them up on BBB.  I have called the number it has listed and email address listed.  No response from either.

I have continued to call the 612-326-0585 and leave messages.  No response.

I have also tried to contact Brittany Lynch the one who called on 4/19/13 to verify the transaction of the deposit. I have left her several messages.  No response.  7/17/13 I called Brittany Lynch's number and the message states she has left the company.

I also contacted the licensing investigation department in Minneapolis, Mn.  Just so happens the address is just across the street from his office.  Turns out that it is just a mail forwarding service.  The mail is being forwarded to Orlando, FL.

I have the information on 2 men that are suspects and a picture of one.  I will be filing a report with my local police department as well as the USPS.  Hopefully this information will aid in catching these crooks!

Totally disgusted that no one can ever be trusted!!!  I know that I am not the only one nor will I be the last.

Luckily I used a credit card that helps protect against these kind of issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vacation-Trader-International/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55415/Vacation-Trader-International-Michael-Stevens-Mickey-Bates-Swindled-by-the-smooth-1067854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vacation Trader International

#1 General Comment

Timeshare Resale Scams

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

Sadly but truth, there is virtually no resale market for timeshare anymore. The market has collapsed and the stark truth is most timeshare is worthless. Ebay is full of timeshare weeks unsold for only $1. The sellers would of course be quite happy to sell for eve less just to rid themselves of timeshare, so, what would anyone believe on someone that calls and claims there's a "prospect buyer" for your timeshare? It's just too good to be true... There is a company called (((REDACTED))) that can give you a free consultation on how to get rid of your timeshare in an efficient way