Complaint Review: vacationhomerentals.com

• Submitted: Fri, October 12, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: Diamun — Surry New Hampshire United States of America
Newburyport, Massachusetts United States of America

vacationhomerentals.com As soon as we walked into this rental, the smell made us physically sick. There were no negative reviews, and only a few positive ones. I know I could not be the only one who had a problem with this house Newburyport, Massachusetts

Arrived at the rental house. We walked in and the smell of mildew, mold dampness knocked us off our feet. Even after trying to open the windows in the house, that would open, and buying about 12 air freshners from the dollar store, we could not stay in the house, it made us sick. Topping it all off, was the huge Leech on the floor from a hole near the front closet. We have pictures of it, and that in itself, proves the dampness. How many homes have leech's? I ended up driving home with 2 kids and dog, same day we got there. Owner was a real creep and would not refund money, even though it was my twins 15th birthday, and I ended up in the Emergency Room with an Acute Respirtory Reaction. He kept the $550.00 payment, and I will most likely be filing a complaint with small claims court all the way back up to Maine.

When I finally answered a request from Vacationhomerentals.com for a review, it was never posted on the site (#50247) They advertise nonbiased reviews....FALSE! Had I had the chance to read another negative review I would have NEVER rented this house.

Buyer beware. this is a BIASED REVIEW SITE. stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vacationhomerentalscom/Newburyport-Massachusetts-/vacationhomerentalscom-As-soon-as-we-walked-into-this-rental-the-smell-made-us-physical-954365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vacationhomerentals.com